Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I've never been to Montana either, and I have no interest in going, but I DO know it's one of the big rectangular(ish) states, which are mostly north of the big square states. :)
    Just in time for Geography Awareness Week. :D

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I think your geographical knowledge is adorable.:p
    Our travel agent always gets me where I need to go. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The only real discussion I've had about this was with a man in my former subdivision who had gone to high school with my older son. Although we knew each other as neighbors and equals, he insisted on calling me "Mrs _____" when I said to call me by my first name.

He said that he just couldn't bring himself to do it. I didn't discuss it anymore.

It was nice that he was so respectful. What wasn't nice about it was he shot and killed his wife in front of his kids right up the block from me. He also shot and killed his wife's friend, the mother of 3 young children.

Sooooo, he was hung up on his version of politeness. But he was a murderer. He ended up dying in a crash while fleeing the police. The crash was a mile or 2 from my old home, on my way to work. It upset me for a very long time. I had thought the world of his little (literally) wife. She was a tiny little thing who often talked to me when I was walking the greyhounds. Her kids loved to pat the dogs.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The only real discussion I've had about this was with a man in my former subdivision who had gone to high school with my older son. Although we knew each other as neighbors and equals, he insisted on calling me "Mrs _____" when I said to call me by my first name.

He said that he just couldn't bring himself to do it. I didn't discuss it anymore.

It was nice that he was so respectful. What wasn't nice about it was he shot and killed his wife in front of his kids right up the block from me. He also shot and killed his wife's friend, the mother of 3 young children.

Sooooo, he was hung up on his version of politeness. But he was a murderer. He ended up dying in a crash while fleeing the police. The crash was a mile or 2 from my old home, on my way to work. It upset me for a very long time. I had thought the world of his little (literally) wife. She was a tiny little thing who often talked to me when I was walking the greyhounds. Her kids loved to pat the dogs.
    I guess all those years of being so subserviant finally made him snap.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I guess all those years of being so subserviant finally made him snap.
    No, he was one of those form over substance guys. My sons said he was a maniac in high school and always dominated the girl who became his wife.

He was a menace at local town meetings, very intimidating and threatening. He also had a substance abuse problem. He was a rich kid who inherited the house, never did any discernible work at any profession, a case study in a totally screwed up life.

He'd make an interesting case study. The wonder was he was always so nice to me. I never could say he did anything objectionable to me. He was always kind and helpful to me-----with others he was a horror.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

No, he was one of those form over substance guys. My sons said he was a maniac in high school and always dominated the girl who became his wife.

He was a menace at local town meetings, very intimidating and threatening. He also had a substance abuse problem. He was a rich kid who inherited the house, never did any discernible work at any profession, a case study in a totally screwed up life.

He'd make an interesting case study. The wonder was he was always so nice to me. I never could say he did anything objectionable to me. He was always kind and helpful to me-----with others he was a horror.
    They say they can smell their own.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    They say they can smell their own.:D
    Thanks. :D

He wasn't a friend that I was proud of. Oy!

"

:eek:

My gosh, how sad.