Thread: Obama Caught In Brand New Gaffe

Hybrid View

1. #1 Obama Caught In Brand New Gaffe 
    Obama incorrectly claims membership of Senate committee
    Posted: 12:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt

Barack Obama claimed to be a member of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which he is not.
    (CNN) – Responding to an Israeli reporter’s question Wednesday on his commitment to protect the Jewish state, Barack Obama pointed to a bill “we passed” in the U.S. Senate Banking Committee that tightens sanctions and authorizes divestment from Iran. “My committee,” he called it.

Except that he isn’t a member of the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs.

“Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee - which is my committee - a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don’t obtain a nuclear weapon,” Obama said at a press conference in Sderot, Israel.

(snip)

Obama’s campaign has not yet responded to CNN’s request for clarification of his remark.
    Was this the royal "we"?

CNN Politicalticker

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Was this the royal "we"?

CNN Politicalticker
    He keeps tripping over his foolish lies.He is either a very confused person or a liar with a very poor memory !

This must be some of that audacity crap we heard so much about. I have a great deal of fear for the future of our country.

How does he keep getting away with this crap?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    He keeps tripping over his foolish lies.He is either a very confused person or a liar with a very poor memory !
    Like many politicians, he think his lies will not come back to bite him in the ass. When it comes to foreign affairs, he is in deep doo doo. By the time the election comes areound, the Repubs will volumes of goodies like this including the number of states in the US (57 by his account).

Okay, it's rare for me to defend Obama and his gaffes, but here goes. When on foreign soil I can understand the royal "we". He's a member of the Senate and using "we" I think is not inappropriate. As between us (America) and "them" (everybody else), it should be "we" when overseas and I don't think it's a real issue regarding whether or not he's actually on that committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Okay, it's rare for me to defend Obama and his gaffes, but here goes. When on foreign soil I can understand the royal "we". He's a member of the Senate and using "we" I think is not inappropriate. As between us (America) and "them" (everybody else), it should be "we" when overseas and I don't think it's a real issue regarding whether or not he's actually on that committee.
    You can't think that really extends to "my committee". :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You can't think that really extends to "my committee". :p
    Uhhh...yeah, that's what I get for skimming. :o

Never mind, then.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    We (meaning the Senate) passed a bill is ok but when he says "My Committiee" (meaning mine) that is a stretch and is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    We (meaning the Senate) passed a bill is ok but when he says "My Committiee" (meaning mine) that is a stretch and is not accurate.
    Yeah...Ginger pointed out my gaffe.

It will be another 4 months before I attempt to defend the man!

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

And the voting public will remain ignorant of his complete incompetence - instead the press will report on the wonderful (but non defined and ever shifting) CHANGE he will bring.