Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Racial 'Blackness' Determined By Vote, Not Genetics Sez Jackson. 
    Jesse Jackson: 'You can't vote against healthcare and call yourself a black man'
    By Mike Soraghan - 11/18/09 05:42 PM ET

The Rev. Jesse Jackson on Wednesday night criticized Rep. Artur Davis (D-Ala.) for voting against the Democrats’ signature healthcare bill.

“We even have blacks voting against the healthcare bill,” Jackson said at a reception Wednesday night. “You can’t vote against healthcare and call yourself a black man.”

The remark stirred a murmur at the reception, held by the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Foundation as part of a series of events revolving around the 25th anniversary of Jackson’s run for president. Several CBC members were in attendance, including Chairwoman Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), who’d introduced Jackson.

Davis, who is running for governor, is the only black member of Congress from Alabama.

He is also the only member of the CBC to have voted against the healthcare bill earlier this month.

Davis referred to Jackson’s 1988 run for president in a statement, issued through his office, that said he would not engage Jackson on his criticism.

“One of the reasons that I like and admire Rev. Jesse Jackson is that 21 years ago he inspired the idea that a black politician would not be judged simply as a black leader,” Davis’s statement said. “The best way to honor Rev. Jackson’s legacy is to decline to engage in an argument with him that begins and ends with race.”
    The Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    they were just talking about this on Glenns radio program . . . . ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I love the guy's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I love the guy's response.
    yup ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

What has Jesse Hi-Jackson done to better the plight of Blacks/poor/ underprivileged? I guess if you count making oneself a millionaire from the pockets of the poor, he is a Great Man. Has this one man clown show ever had a job?:eek:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    What has Jesse Hi-Jackson done to better the plight of Blacks/poor/ underprivileged?
    That's the rub. He can no longer exist if he did anything for them.

7. #7 Go 
    Jackson may be right. I am against it and I am not black.
    ________
    FREE FUCK FILMS
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 05:46 PM.

-
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    But I am the racist because I am honest about my feelings.

Jesse walks it back
    Rev. Jesse Jackson backed off his criticism of Rep. Artur Davis Thursday night, issuing a statement saying he has "abiding admiration" of the Alabama Democrat.

"I talked to Congressman Artur Davis today to assure him of my abiding admiration of him as a leader who is engaged in a huge challenge," Jackson said in the statement, obtained by The Hill through a congressional source. "I offer no challenge to his integrity as a leader. Representatives should all vote their conscience in the interest of their constituency."