1. #1 At the End of the Day, Diversity Has Jumped the Shark 
    Who can beat down a lib better than Ann Coulter!

It cannot be said often enough that the chief of staff of the United States Army, Gen. George Casey, responded to a massacre of 13 Americans in which the suspect is a Muslim by saying: "Our diversity ... is a strength."

As long as the general has brought it up: Never in recorded history has diversity been anything but a problem. Look at Ireland with its Protestant and Catholic populations, Canada with its French and English populations, Israel with its Jewish and Palestinian populations.

Or consider the warring factions in India, Sri Lanka, China, Iraq, Czechoslovakia (until it happily split up), the Balkans and Chechnya. Also look at the festering hotbeds of tribal warfare -- I mean the beautiful mosaics -- in Third World hellholes like Afghanistan, Rwanda and South Central, L.A.

"Diversity" is a difficulty to be overcome, not an advantage to be sought. True, America does a better job than most at accommodating a diverse population. We also do a better job at curing cancer and containing pollution. But no one goes around mindlessly exclaiming: "Cancer is a strength!" "Pollution is our greatest asset!"

By contrast, the canard "diversity is a strength" has now replaced "at the end of the day," "skin in the game," "blood and treasure," "jumped the shark," "boots on the ground," "horrific" (whatever happened to the perfectly good word "horrible"?), "not so much," "I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on here," and "that went well," as America's most irritating cliche.

We should start making up other nonsense mantras along the lines of "diversity is a strength" and mindlessly repeating them until they catch on, too.

Next time you're at a cocktail party, just start saying, "Chocolate pudding is dramatic irony" from time to time. Eventually other people will start saying it, without anyone bothering to consider whether it makes sense. Then we'll do another one: "Nicolas Cage is a two-cycle engine."

Before you know it, liberals will react to news of a mass murder by muttering, "Well, you know what they say: Nicolas Cage is a two-cycle engine," while everyone nods in agreement.

Except mere nonsense makes more sense than "diversity is a strength."

If Gen. Casey's wildly inappropriate use of this lunatic cliche in the aftermath of the Fort Hood massacre doesn't kill it, nothing will.

Among the worst aspects of America's "diversity" is that liberals' reaction to a heterogeneous population is to create a pecking order based on alleged victimhood -- as described in electrifying detail in my book, Guilty: Liberal 'Victims' and Their Assault on America.

In modern America, the guilty are sanctified, while the innocent never stop paying -- including with their lives, as they did at Fort Hood last week. Points are awarded to aspiring victims for angry self-righteousness, acts of violence and general unpleasantness
    C'mon, go read the rest of it!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Right on, as usual.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Right on, as usual.

Ann is ignoring our nation's great history as the exception to the rule when it comes to diversity in nations. Everyone has an ethnic backround of some sort in the US, and we all get along, for the most part. We are the melting pot. We eat ethnic food, we listen to music from all over the world, and some groups maintain their ethnic identity for generations, while also being americans. Americans of Irish, Italian, Greek, and so on maintain their original identities, and have brought them into our culture overall.

Ann is using a tragic and brutal event perpetrated by a whackjob claiming to do it for Allah to trash our nation's history of embracing diversity and repecting the customs of our fellow americans of different ethnic backrounds. She knows that many among her readers are ethnocentric and disparaging of all who are not fundamentalist christians of a non-specific european ethnicity, and she is playing on them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Ann is ignoring our nation's great history as the exception to the rule when it comes to diversity in nations. Everyone has an ethnic backround of some sort in the US, and we all get along, for the most part. We are the melting pot. We eat ethnic food, we listen to music from all over the world, and some groups maintain their ethnic identity for generations, while also being americans. Americans of Irish, Italian, Greek, and so on maintain their original identities, and have brought them into our culture overall.

Ann is using a tragic and brutal event perpetrated by a whackjob claiming to do it for Allah to trash our nation's history of embracing diversity and repecting the customs of our fellow americans of different ethnic backrounds. She knows that many among her readers are ethnocentric and disparaging of all who are not fundamentalist christians of a non-specific european ethnicity, and she is playing on them.
    If we had a President, an A.G. and a Army General that were man enough to call this a terrorist attack by a fanatical Muslim, Ann Coulter would have nothing to write about. The General's remarks about diversity made me want to go throw up. This stupidity is going to get us attacked again. Bush kept us safe for 7 1/2 years. These amateurs going around sucking up to our enemies will cause severe consequences. I never thought that I would ever see an appeaser-in-chief like the peanut farmer but I was wrong. Obama is not only going to screw up our national defense but our economy also.

Banned

The reason our nation was the exception was because we had an American culture that everyone "melted" into. Sure, everyone was proud of their ethnicity, but you defined yourself as an American, not as an Italian, Irishman, Mexican or Islamist that was living here. I am 1/2 Mescalero Apache and 1/2 Mexican. Do you think that either one of those cultures matters enough of a fuck to me to fire upon my country's flag over it? I am an American, that's it. If everyone saw themselves as such, ethnicity and culture be damned, we would be much better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The reason our nation was the exception was because we had an American culture that everyone "melted" into. Sure, everyone was proud of their ethnicity, but you defined yourself as an American, not as an Italian, Irishman, Mexican or Islamist that was living here. I am 1/2 Mescalero Apache and 1/2 Mexican. Do you think that either one of those cultures matters enough of a fuck to me to fire upon my country's flag over it? I am an American, that's it. If everyone saw themselves as such, ethnicity and culture be damned, we would be much better for it.

You are still proud of your heritage, though. This man's heritage and culture didn't cause him to open fire at Ft. Hood, his personal mental illness coupled with insane religious beliefs did. I'm not excusing his acts, just pointing out his motive primarily was based in his own insanity.

Ann is correct that diversity is not a particular strength and it certainly has no place in the military. The beauty of boot camp is that all these diverse types show up and a couple of months later they are all on exactly the same page in terms of behavior, outlook, and goals.

Diversity is just a condition, it's not a virtue. It doesn't have any moral implications.

Banned
    You are still proud of your heritage, though. This man's heritage and culture didn't cause him to open fire at Ft. Hood, his personal mental illness coupled with insane religious beliefs did. I'm not excusing his acts, just pointing out his motive primarily was based in his own insanity.
    I am proud of my heritage but I set it aside in an instant when it conflicts with being an American. I would be on the side of America the very moment a shooting war started with Mexico. Not have a second's worth of hesitation or doubt and would gleefully start a competition within my squad as to who killed the most Mexicans. Same with Apaches.

I have no patience or sympathy for those who squeal about how the Indians' lands were taken from them. They were not a good enough fighting force to keep them so fuck them.

That's very well said, Troll, and another thing that is sickening is that the government and most major corporations have policies in place that mandate doing business with a certain percentage of minority owned businesses..

Forced diversity is forced mediocrity, and gone are the days when excellence and skill mattered, and that's a very bad omen for America.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!