1. #1 Dems give themselves Gas Tax Holiday 
    http://2008central.net/2008/07/22/dn...ate-gas-taxes/

UPDATED: DNC Convention Gives Itself Gas Tax Holiday, Avoids Paying Federal And State Gas Taxes

The committee hosting the Democratic National Convention is using the city’s gas pumps to fill up on fuel, avoiding state and federal highway taxes, officials said today.

“By doing it this way, by running it through our Fleet Maintenance, that means that that fuel does not pay state or federal highway taxes,” Faatz said.

Christine Downs, a public works spokeswoman, said the host committee is not paying the city’s locked-in fuel rate but one that’s based on the weekly cost of gas. Downs was unable to provide council members an example.

Funny I haven't heard this reported by the lamestream Media. Guess Keith Overbite was busy....

Seriously people, it's time for the torches and pitchforks. I've had enough with this hypocritical, GD government bs.:mad:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

It's all over talk radio and there's short piece in the Denver Post:

Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper told council members that Minneapolis had a similar deal with the Republicans.

That isn't true, said Teresa McFarland, spokeswoman for the local host committee for the Republican National Convention.

"We pay for fuel like everyone else does," she said.
    Denver Post

Patent Member
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=2122

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=2121

Also, Fox & USA Today have picked up the story, and I'm sure others have too. (those were the first to come up in google news)

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=2122

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=2121

Also, Fox & USA Today have picked up the story, and I'm sure others have too. (those were the first to come up in google news)
    Dude, those links are us. :p

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Dude, those links are us. :p
    It was a twofer post.

This is a dupe, and some of the media outlets are picking up the story :D

Talk radio's where I got the story originally. Being a Glenn Beck insider is great, only way I get to hear the man out here in Al Anbar.;) Funny, since the Armed Forces Network broadcasts Keith Olberman every day in the chow hall. To be fair, they also show O'Reily, but that isn't a trade in my opinion. I'd rather have Headline news for Beck.

Also, it hasn't been confirmed yet but it's rumored that the RNC is doing the same thing. If Mac wants to shake things up, the GOP not falling in line with this hypocrisy would be a welcome change. But I wouldn't hold your breath.:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Also, it hasn't been confirmed yet but it's rumored that the RNC is doing the same thing.
    See post #2 in this very thread for your answer. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    See post #2 in this very thread for your answer. ;)
    McCain might've screwed himself if evidence turns up that the GOP is doing the same thing. I HOPE they'd be the party of higher standards, but these days I dunno. Glad I'm registered Independent:D

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    McCain might've screwed himself if evidence turns up that the GOP is doing the same thing. I HOPE they'd be the party of higher standards, but these days I dunno. Glad I'm registered Independent:D
    I'm a registered Libertarian myself. ;)

I saw this story on Glen Beck last night. He was pissed off to say the least when giving the story.