Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Truth Is Out There Thursday! 
    Sunny this morning...but will probably rain this afternoon...what else is new for Florida...

TOTD: Because I watched UFO Files on the History Channel before bed last night (and before that, MonsterQuest), what weird, bizarre, somewhat unexplainable phenomena of the paranormal or supernatural do you believe could be real? Ghosts, vampires, werewolves, demonic possession...and UFO's...what do you think?

Oh...and the new X-Files movie premieres tomorrow, woohoo!
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    TOTD: I'm not a big believer in that kind of stuff but I suppose anything is possible.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

You gotta love the weather out here. In 2 hours it dropped from 95 F to 75 F. I hope that happens again today. :D

TOTD: I believe in all that stuff from October 1 through October 31st. I'm pretty skeptical during the other 11 months.

Patent Member
    Cloudy, rained all night, with more promise of rain to come. Going to be a miserable day.

On the bright side, I get to go fight with the carpet company which has twice assured us that the carpet we picked out would be available in the quantity required. Should be a good time. :)

TOTD: I don't seriously believe in any of it. I do think that there is a potential for extraterrestrial life, but I don't think they would buzz our planet for cheap thrills.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    TOTD: I'm not a big believer in that kind of stuff but I suppose anything is possible.
    Okay...whatever...Scully.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Coolest day so far this week...low 80's in va.

TOTD; I suppose there could be UFO's. I'm open for the possibility. I've seen some cool stuff I can't answer.
    And I don't necessarily believe in ghosts, but I believe in the afterlife, so I wouldn't be surprised with that either.
    Darkscribe...if you're into this type of thing check out these phenomena vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pawTzpNKW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83drOPwYdHs
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Lite haze here this morning - crews came during the night and took all the surfing contest crap down and hauled it away.

TOTD: No - it's just bullshit.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

85 now, supposed to be 95 later.
    Daughter just left for a week in Arkansas, lucky girl.

TOTD: I saw a UFO when I was a teenager. Happened to be star gazing with a telescope and was with two other people (both very level headed) We called the observatory and they said they had "no comment". That made an impact.

Ghosts - I don't know. I think what makes up a person may sometimes hover around for a while.....:o

So I have to be the one CU-er that is completely on Channel "0". :D

I believe in extraterrestrial life and UFOs.

I believe that we have been being visited by aliens since antiquity. I don't believe in Atlantis, but I'm sure the Egyptians, the Sumerians and the Mesoamericans were visited.

I believe that the governments of the world use ridicule, evasion, intimidation and lots of money to cover up their knowledge of, and/or contact with, aliens.

On edit: I don't believe in vampires, werewolves, etc. I had contact in my early twenties with what I can only describe as a ghost, but I suppose it could have just been my imagination. :D
    Last edited by Troll; 07-24-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post

Oh...and the new X-Files movie premieres tomorrow, woohoo!
    Great, another 2 hour episode....

The first one sucked. I think this one will too.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.