Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 State of the Economy 
    Where do you guys think our economy stands at this point in time. Economists say that we have emerged from the recession but are things really better than they were before? It seems as though the worst of it came as a result of our own emotionality and not rock hard data. Aside from the optimistic attitude are we any better off today than last year at this time?

Banned
    The economy is in the dumps with high unemployment. Obama and his clowns will screw it up worse with more government spending and higher taxes. The possibility of of a W double dip recession still exists because of his wrong headed policies. Slow growth will be with us for years unless policies that stimulate business expansion exists. Unemployment will go up to 11 per cent and higher because of the uncertainity of new taxes imposed on business. So instead of hiring, they will put hiring on hold.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 11-24-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Have we had a W double dip recession in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by dgtxpride View Post
    Where do you guys think our economy stands at this point in time. Economists say that we have emerged from the recession but are things really better than they were before? It seems as though the worst of it came as a result of our own emotionality and not rock hard data. Aside from the optimistic attitude are we any better off today than last year at this time?

Emotionality? This thread makes me LOL!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/24/news...list/index.htm

Tell me what over 120 banks failing in 2009 means to you?

Oh...the answer to your question is Hell no.:p
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 11-24-2009 at 12:38 PM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    Yes; in fact, the Depression of the 1930s was "w" shaped. This article may interest you.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125107325090852627.html
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    A better question is do you have any opinions or are you writing a book?

I think we are hopelessly optimistic that any sort of quick recovery will take place as our previous success was created by waste and greed. I think that the current unemployment problem is a testament to that as we have learned of our inefficiencies and learned to do more with less hence the need for less employees. Until we forget what this recession has taught us we will not return to where we were.

I guess things are looking a little bit better according to the Nov. 14th numbers.
    http://texasgopvote.com/blog/weekly-...s-report-11244

I'm just not sure as to how significant the improvements are.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    All you had to do is read my posts on this!!!!! :mad:

;)

10. #10 Watch the Christmas retail numbers 
    If we have another bad Christmas for retailers, businesses will fold...they have no more reserves/credit after last year's bad Christmas season. When the businesses fold, the commercial real estate bubble will burst next year. This on top of high unemployment, higher taxes, Obamacare, VAT tax, CAP&tax, etc. I think we are in for a very long bumpy ride (3-5 years).

Then if a nuke goes up in Iran and oil hits $400/barrel it's time to break out the guns as society breaks down.