Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Humid Thundering Tuesday 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The morning started with a BANG here. T-Storm blowing thru with more on the way and it's humid as Houston out there!!:D

TOTD: There is none. You're lucky I remembered to do this. :p

Two words:

"Feels Like"

Same craptastic grey and yucky weather going on up here.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The morning started with a BANG here. T-Storm blowing thru with more on the way and it's humid as Houston out there!!:D

TOTD: There is none. You're lucky I remembered to do this. :p
    Yeah, I know. Yesterday walking out to my car after work felt like slogging through an invisible blanket just out of the dryer, not dry but very damp. Ick.

TOTD: Favorite time of the year? Fall. Halloween. Is it October yet?
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    TOTD: Definitely Fall.:)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

The sun is finally coming out.

TOTD: spring---second fall. The first has all the possibilities with the perennial flowers returning. The fall is gorgeous with the colored leave.

Question---is there much of a fall in Florida--at least leaf wise?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The sun is finally coming out.

TOTD: spring---second fall. The first has all the possibilities with the perennial flowers returning. The fall is gorgeous with the colored leave.

Question---is there much of a fall in Florida--at least leaf wise?

Not like up north, of course...but very slightly...it does start to get cooler (at least cool for us, anyway) and then there's always Halloween! Did I mention how much I love Halloween? :p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

We'll be in the 70s and 80s all week except Thursday which will be very cool. Can you believe that it's going to snow higher up? Where is that Global Warming?

TOTD: Conceptually I like the fall and all the activities but I pretty much like all of it. I get very bored with winter after a couple of months. You can only ski so much.

Sunny and hot here. Gonna be a pretty busy day today. I think I'm going to be exhausted by the time my head hits the pillow tonight. Meetings, catch-up work, errands, workout...oy, I'm tired just thinking about it.

TOTD: Fall. Since Arizona doesn't have much of a winter to speak of, I love fall. Our leaves start to change in late December. :D

Grey and a bit windy in the Surfing Capital of the World. May burn off in four hours or so, but the breeze will just increase.

TOTD: Halloween every year in Morro Bay. They know how to do it up right - no cars allowed on the streets, so the kids can go nuts. Very traditional and no hoodlums. The little houses go all out and if thereís a bit of fog coming off the ocean itís really creepy.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)