Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident 
    Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol just reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said. No other information about his condition has been released. ...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1369881.story

Hope he has a speedy recovery. :(

Banned
    Hoping for a speedy recovery also as he has been a great credit to the game of golf.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 11-27-2009 at 02:54 PM.

3. #3 Tiger Woods Seriously Hurt after Auto Accident,"Charges Pending" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Tiger Woods Seriously Hurt after Auto Accident
    In Orlando, FL hospital Orlando Sentinel reports "Charges Pending"

Lead only !

Don't know the whole story yet, but I certainly hope he is okay.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

2:25AM? I'm thinking someone was hitting the sauce. Hope he comes out of it, but if he was drunk driving, I hope he gets nailed as well.

Edit: Police said alchohal was not involved, so thats good I guess. He's also already been released from the hospital.

Banned
    A viewer on Fox stated that him and his wife were having marital problems. That he was a control freak. If he was not drinking, a spat might have caused him going ballistic and wrecking the Caddy.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Tiger Woods receives facial lacerations in car accident at Isleworth

Officials close to accident investigation told the Orlando Sentinel that Tiger Woods received facial lacerations in the car crash.Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said.

FHP spokesman Jorge Delahoz said patients' conditions are always classified as "serious" if they are transported to a hospital.Officials close to accident investigation told the Orlando Sentinel that Woods received facial lacerations. He was treated at Health Central early this morning and released.

There are no other details available about Woods' condition.

Inside the gated Isleworth community where the golfer lives, a woman came to the front door of Woods' $2.4 million home at mid-afternoon but would not answer questions from the Sentinel.A black Cadillac SUV was sitting in the driveway. FHP said Wood was driving a black Cadillac SUV at the time of the crash.

There were almost no signs of an accident at Woods' home and his next door neighbor's. There was a hole in the ground and orange-and-white street barricade at top a newly dug hole, presumably where the fire hydrant previously sat.About 10 feet away there was a small tire track in the neighbor's yard just before the tree he hit. That oak tree had a few scuff marks on its trunk but was largely undamaged.

Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, told USA Today that Woods was fine following the accident.FHP said alcohol is not considered a factor in the accident, and it is unknown whether he was wearing a seat belt.The crash is under investigation, and charges are pending.

The airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph, according to FHP.Orange County Fire Rescue received the call for aid at 2:28 a.m. Woods was transported from his Windermere-area neighborhood by the hospital's own ambulance.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1369881.story

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah I heard about this when driving around this afternoon.

If he's been released already it doesn't sound all that bad. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

At that hour I guess he was going out for cigarettes.

His wife freed him by smashing out a window with a golf club. I'm going to guess a 3 wood but there hasn't been any confirmation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    At that hour I guess he was going out for cigarettes.

His wife freed him by smashing out a window with a golf club. I'm going to guess a 3 wood but there hasn't been any confirmation.
    A sand wedge would work better. My guess about charges pending is that he was not wearing his seat belt.