1. #1 Obama May Allow US Soldiers to be Tried in the Hague 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    UNREAL. Obama May Allow US Soldiers to be Tried in the Hague

The Wall Street Journal reported, via Jihad Watch:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton expressed “great regret” in August that the U.S. is not a signatory to the International Criminal Court (ICC). This has fueled speculation that the Obama administration may reverse another Bush policy and sign up for what could lead to the trial of Americans for war crimes in The Hague.

The ICC’s chief prosecutor, though, has no intention of waiting for Washington to submit to the court’s authority. Luis Moreno Ocampo says he already has jurisdiction—at least with respect to Afghanistan.

Because Kabul in 2003 ratified the Rome Statute—the ICC’s founding treaty—all soldiers on Afghan territory, even those from nontreaty countries, fall under the ICC’s oversight, Mr. Ocampo told me. And the chief prosecutor says he is already conducting a “preliminary examination” into whether NATO troops, including American soldiers, fighting the Taliban may have to be put in the dock.

“We have to check if crimes against humanity, war crimes or genocide have been committed in Afghanistan,” Mr. Ocampo told me. “There are serious allegations against the Taliban and al Qaeda and serious allegations about warlords, even against some who are connected with members of the government.” Taking up his inquiry of Allied soldiers, he added, “there are different reports about problems with bombings and there are also allegations about torture.”

Asked repeatedly whether the examination of bombings and torture allegations refers to NATO and U.S. soldiers, Mr. Ocampo finally stated that “we are investigating whoever commits war crimes, including the group you mentioned.”
    snip

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...-at-the-hague/
    35 Comments

DanielNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 6:52 pm | #1

Of all the idiotic …

We bring known terrorists from Gitmo to NYC to put them on trial here. Never mind the fact these ‘people’ were not born here, did not live here.

And our own military could be sent to trial in another country …

Makes no damn sense. Like our POS POTUS.
    Tweets that mention Gateway Pundit -- Topsy.com
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:01 pm | #2

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DNC Fail!, Paul Alyunov. Paul Alyunov said: Unreal. Obama May Allow US Soldiers to be Tried in the Hague: Unreal. Team Obama may allow US soldiers to be tr.. http://bit.ly/7XfRpN [...]
    DellNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:03 pm | #3

Hey! Get serious here….It’s not American servicemen/women who would be subjected to war crimes charges — it’s GEORGE W. BUSH and Richard Cheney, and that’s the reason the fraud in the White House will follow George Soros’ instructions and sign on to the ICC.

If you couldn’t see this coming from fifty miles away, have your eyes checked.
    Just_SayingNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:07 pm | #4

Can anyone explain the logic of trying Gitmo war criminals in NYC under federal law and, at the same time, turning over our soldiers to be tried as war criminals in the Hague?

This administration is insane, but no one is stopping it. (Since nothing is stopping it, it is doing more insane things every day!!)
    AnonNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:17 pm | #5

The Obama administration is now officially insane, Friday, November 27, 2009.

Impeach Obama!!!

crystalNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:19 pm | #6

May the hand of God come down and smite every a$$hole in Washington D.C.
    They are destroying our country.
    IOpianNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:24 pm | #7

I would love to see the top generals meet privately with Obama and demand proof that his is their legitimate CiC. If he refuses then they will go public with the issue even if they are all fired. We have to get rid of this entire administration one way or another.
    crystalNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:24 pm | #8

Jesus, why is our president such a beta? I’d rather have our troops home, than subject to “world” courts.
    ar05075No Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:25 pm | #9

I wonder if Murtha and Kerry will be witnesses for the prosecution.
    KevinNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:34 pm | #10

Sounds to me like Obama is curious to see what a military coup looks like up close. And if he allows even one soldier to be tried by the Hague, he may well get his wish.

The American people would never, ever stand for it, not for one second.
    USMC ThomasNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:48 pm | #11

Kingfish and Sapphire are turning this country into a third world cesspool day by day..
    LYNNDHNo Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:49 pm | #12

So, are they going to try Taliban people? When that happens let me know. If BO allows any US service member to be tried there I, I don’t know be we the people had better do something to block it somehow. I just shake my head.
    jonyjoe101No Gravatar
    November 27th, 2009 | 7:50 pm | #13

When they repeal “don’t ask don’t tell” and American soldiers stop reenlisting and the military starts having problems recruiting non-gay americans because of the “gay stigma”. Hopefully the “gay” americans will join up in record numbers to makeup for the shortfall.
    That’s the ultimate goal to make the US military a non-threatening force, replacing all the gungho/shoot first ask questions later soldiers with a more politically/diverse/peace loving soldier.
    Hopefully the generals/admirals will have some say in sending soldiers to be tried in another country. This will destroy morale and whatever “will to win at any cost” that the US military currently has.

There is no low to which this administration won't stoop. O Blah Blah wants to ingratiate himself at America's expense to the entire world. Here is my message to the world:
    If you like the USA, I stand with you. If you don't, you may kiss my pasty white @$$!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Sonnabend
    it’s GEORGE W. BUSH and Richard Cheney, and that’s the reason the fraud in the White House will follow George Soros’ instructions and sign on to the ICC.
    Get help.

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE, then get other like minded people to VOTE. If like minded people just sit on the side lines, we will NEVER get our majority back.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

I'm wondering. Why are Islamic terrorists getting tried in civilian U.S. courts yet Obama wants U.S. soldiers who are actual U.S. citizens tried in the world court? hey even sadi that Bin Laden would be afforded the same rights. If this man ordered a giant banner that said "I Hate America" to hang outside the White House, no one here should not be surprised.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I suspected that the main point of Hilary's desire to be President was to turn U.S. sovereignty over to the UN... after her hubby was made Secretary General of course. Now it seems like this is the main dem strategy. Give control to the U.N. so that they don't have to take the blame for bad choices or make hard decisions.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I suspected that the main point of Hilary's desire to be President was to turn U.S. sovereignty over to the UN... after her hubby was made Secretary General of course. Now it seems like this is the main dem strategy. Give control to the U.N. so that they don't have to take the blame for bad choices or make hard decisions.
    Which is strange because this was never supposed to be the point of the U.N.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Nothing this administration does would surprise me.