1. #1 Brits Discover Bowling Horror. 
    Elf & safety strikes again: £250,000 study to tell us ten-pin bowling is dangerous

By Steve Doughty
    Last updated at 11:37 AM on 30th November 2009

It's a peril that only a crack team of health and safety experts could have uncovered.

After two years and £250,000, they found that ten-pin bowling alleys up and down the country could be a 'very dangerous' environment for families. They concluded that it was too easy for children or teenagers to run down lanes and get trapped in machinery that sets up the pins - even though there was no record of any such accident having happened.

The bizarre Health and Safety Executive report found that members of the public would be at risk if they walked along the 60-foot lanes to knock over pins by hand.

Its authors even considered ordering every bowling alley to put barriers across lanes. But they were forced to admit defeat - after realising that bowlers must be able to see what they are aiming at. Their report said: ' Because customers need to see the pins and bowling balls entering the machine, managing the risk of access into the machine from the lanes is more difficult.'

Instead they have told operators to fit photoelectric beams to lanes so that pin-setting machines will cut off automatically if anyone trespasses.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0YMmrEhKz
    What is wrong with people? Are they going to advise putting screens over toilet bowls on the off chance that some nut sticks his head in toilet?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What is wrong with people? Are they going to advise putting screens over toilet bowls on the off chance that some nut sticks his head in toilet?
    Solutions in search of problems,it's the Nanny States way !

makes note to hurry invention of toilet bowl screen before need is realized now that Ginger has let the cat out of the bag...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    makes note to hurry invention of toilet bowl screen before need is realized now that Ginger has let the cat out of the bag...
    It's the PATENT you want :)

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It should be imprinted with tropical fish.

You know, I've been to many bowling alleys in my short time on this mortal coil and I've yet to go to one where kids are running up and down the lanes.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

We just used plastic wrap in high school. :D
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You know, I've been to many bowling alleys in my short time on this mortal coil and I've yet to go to one where kids are running up and down the lanes.
    From time to time I bowl a lot (in a league). I've been at lanes during all hours from 8:00 A.M. right on through drunken midnight bowling and I've never seen anybody deliberately cross the line into the lane. The closest is the special equipment used by some handicapped bowlers but even then, it's a couple of feet at most.

You put your foot more than a little way past that foul line and I guarantee that the employees will fly out of nowhere and give you a piece of their mind. Waxing those lanes is an art form.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    We just used plastic wrap in high school. :D
    I did that at summer camp one year...OH MAN DID I GET IN TROUBLE :D

shoulda membered girls gotsta sit :p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot