Thread: Wanted: Friday Day Thread Creator

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Wanted: Friday Day Thread Creator 
    Due to circumstances beyond my control (i.e. I like to sleep in, I have a job, etc.:p ), I don't feel I meet the demands that the Friday Day Thread Creator position requires.

Therefore, I am conducting a search for a suitable replacement.

Desired qualifications: Must be able to look outside and summarize weather conditions in your area in less than 3 sentences; briefly summarize your day's agenda without boring the masses; generate a thought-provoking topic of the day that will elicit entertaining and exciting responses from members of the CU community.

It's an important job that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Job Perks: 1. You will occasionally be in Shannon's (Day Thread Supervisor/Nazi) good graces, except when it's that "time of the month," and every Monday thru Friday. 2. It pisses off BadCat! :D

Start date: Tomorrow morning.

So who's interested? :D

Did you get Shannon's permission to post this?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Did you get Shannon's permission to post this?
    Of course. She was delighted to hear about this. If you ask her about it though, she may not remember. I think she was a little tipsy at the time. :D

Hmmm....have I not jazzed up the job description enough?

There's free breakfast involved. Shannon always buys.

Having done this job for about 3 years, let me weigh in.

You must manage to produce a thoughtful TOTD even though you have used up all your good TOTD over the past 2 years. You must be immune to "Didn't we already do this in January of 2004?". You must be seasonal and topical without being political.

You should refrain from posting drunk although most of the really stirring threads begin that way.

You must carefully balance your questions between "What is your favorite color" and "What do you really believe about Calvinistic Predestination?"

You must reference shoes every 3 months.

If you dabble in trendy Internet memes, you must have a decent hosting service.

You should be able to instantly reference personal quirks and mishaps of at least half the Lounge Lizards as they post.

You must have a skin of freaking titanium. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Having done this job for about 3 years, let me weigh in.

You must manage to produce a thoughtful TOTD even though you have used up all your good TOTD over the past 2 years. You must be immune to "Didn't we already do this in January of 2004?". You must be seasonal and topical without being political.

You should refrain from posting drunk although most of the really stirring threads begin that way.

You must carefully balance your questions between "What is your favorite color" and "What do you really believe about Calvinistic Predestination?"

You should be able to instantly reference personal quirks and mishaps of at least half the Lounge Lizards as they post.

Heh. Excellent add-ons, Ginger.

I knew I was way underqualified for the position.

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Heh. Excellent add-ons, Ginger.

I knew I was way underqualified for the position.
    Nonsense. You have immense potential. You're just a slacker. :D

Nonsense. You have immense potential. You're just a slacker. :D
    You know me too well. :D

Anyone, anyone...? I vote for patriot45...if he's interested...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Power CUer
    I might be interested in applying for this position, as long as it doesn't begin today. Let me see if I meet the qualifications.

I don't think all the good topics have been used, although I have seen some repeats.

Since the TOTD is generally posted early in the morning, I would hope I could meet this particular requirement.

I don't care what anyone's favorite color is, including my own, and the only Calvin who interests me is a cartoon boy whose stuffed tiger comes to life when they are alone together.

I could talk about my own pairs of shoes once a week, on Fridays, and wouldn't finish going through each individual pair until sometime in mid-2009.

:( I don't even understand this requirement. I have a computer with a network connection, if that's what you mean.

This is confusing. I thought we only HAD one lounge lizard, and he already has his own thread going on how people feel about him.

The one or twp people who really got under my skin don't seem to have rejoined CU since the site re-do. I also ranked very low in the two recent "bitch" polls here, although I do not know if that fact is in my favor or works against me, for this post. I can also provide my own breakfast.

Thank you for your consideration and I will look forward to hearing from the committee, Star Chamber, or whoever regarding the position.