Thread: Nixon on homosexuality and Archie Bunker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Nixon on homosexuality and Archie Bunker 
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TivVcfSBVSM

    I thought this was interesting. I don't agree with a lot of it myself, but I go on other conservative sites (like the Hannity forum) and I often see them talking about Marxist Critical Theory which came from the Frankfurt School and the Colombia University here in NYC--Basically it was "Cultural Marxism" and it was an insidious way for the communists to infiltrate capitalist culture and attack and eventually destroy the accepted cultural mores and values of a capitalist society from within, in order to make the populous more open to Marxism. Or to create cultural tension and instability, divisions, basically to divide a capitalist society through cultural warfare, and then while the two cultures are divided, sweep communism in.It's called Critical theory because it critiques whatever the accepted values are. I always see conservatives over there talking about it and many of them feel one of the two main facets of Critical Theory is radical feminism and the gay rights movement.

    Now in relation to this clip of Nixon, he says essentially that homosexuality is the enemy of what he called 'strong societies'--He cites the example of the Ancient Greeks and the Romans as strong societies and how they were corrupted by homosexuality. He feels one of the worst things for the US would be for homosexuality to be thought of as normal, and he says:

    "Homosexuality, and dope, and immorality in general--these are the enemies of strong societies. And that's why the communists and left-wingers are pushing the stuff: they're trying to destroy us."

    He goes on to talk about how San Francisco was starting to go gay (this was 1971) but mainly the ''ratty parts of town'' and that the upper class of SF was all gay and that he ''wouldn't want to shake hands with anyone from San Francisco''

    I just found it interesting since, it's funny, that since the rise of the 'New Left' of the 1960s, we've been fighting here in America what's been called culture wars, ever since the late 60s or early 70s. I don't know whether it really is a big conspiracy going back to the Frankfurt School, and I dont really agree with homosexuality being that insidious but it certainly is something to think about--the reason we've been fighting these culture wars, and how they've divided us so. It's something to consider either way.It kind of relates to today in a sense.
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 12-02-2009 at 02:11 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,088
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TivVcfSBVSM

    I thought this was interesting. I don't agree with a lot of it myself, but I go on other conservative sites (like the Hannity forum) and I often see them talking about Marxist Critical Theory which came from the Frankfurt School and the Colombia University here in NYC--Basically it was "Cultural Marxism" and it was an insidious way for the communists to infiltrate capitalist culture and attack and eventually destroy the accepted cultural mores and values of a capitalist society from within, in order to make the populous more open to Marxism. Or to create cultural tension and instability, divisions, basically to divide a capitalist society through cultural warfare, and then while the two cultures are divided, sweep communism in.It's called Critical theory because it critiques whatever the accepted values are. I always see conservatives over there talking about it and many of them feel one of the two main facets of Critical Theory is radical feminism and the gay rights movement.

    Now in relation to this clip of Nixon, he says essentially that homosexuality is the enemy of what he called 'strong societies'--He cites the example of the Ancient Greeks and the Romans as strong societies and how they were corrupted by homosexuality. He feels one of the worst things for the US would be for homosexuality to be thought of as normal, and he says:

    "Homosexuality, and dope, and immorality in general--these are the enemies of strong societies. And that's why the communists and left-wingers are pushing the stuff: they're trying to destroy us."

    He goes on to talk about how San Francisco was starting to go gay (this was 1971) but mainly the ''ratty parts of town'' and that the upper class of SF was all gay.

    I just found it interesting since, it's funny, that since the rise of the 'New Left' of the 1960s, we've been fighting here in America what's been called culture wars, ever since the late 60s or early 70s. I don't know whether it really is a big conspiracy going back to the Frankfurt School, and I dont really agree with homosexuality being that insidious but it certainly is something to think about--the reason we've been fighting these culture wars, and how they've divided us so. It's something to consider either way.It kind of relates to today in a sense.
    Go to bed. You have school in the morning!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Go to bed. You have school in the morning!
    Nope, set my schedule so I'm off on Wednesdays. So Wednesday is my Day of Rest (tm)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,088
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Nope, set my schedule so I'm off on Wednesdays. So Wednesday is my Day of Rest (tm)
    It looks like I'm rained out tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Go to bed. You have school in the morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It looks like I'm rained out tomorrow.
    Stay in and watch some All in the Family. That's what I'm doing--I've got a few of the seasons, I love that show.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,088
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Stay in and watch some All in the Family. That's what I'm doing--I've got a few of the seasons, I love that show.
    We watched a red Skelton special tonight. That was pretty funny!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We watched a red Skelton special tonight. That was pretty funny!
    Oh we didnt watch that..They had a whole thing on Ed Sullivan I think on VH1 and they showed clips from a lot of the old performances like of the Rolling Stones, The Beatles, stuff like that. I'm hoping the History Channel is going to be showing WWII in HD again.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,088
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Oh we didnt watch that..They had a whole thing on Ed Sullivan I think on VH1 and they showed clips from a lot of the old performances like of the Rolling Stones, The Beatles, stuff like that. I'm hoping the History Channel is going to be showing WWII in HD again.
    I remember watching those live when I was a kid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We watched a red Skelton special tonight. That was pretty funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I remember watching those live when I was a kid.
    You watched World War II live on TV as a kid?!

    Haha :D Sorry couldn't resist.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    and I dont really agree with homosexuality being that insidious but it certainly is something to think about--the reason we've been fighting these culture wars, and how they've divided us so. It's something to consider either way.It kind of relates to today in a sense.


    And THAT is one major part of the intent. The other is to undermine God and the founding principles of our Nation.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •