1. #1 Setting Up Our Military to Fail 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Just plain nuts:
    That's the only possible characterization for last night's presidential declaration of surrender in advance of a renewed campaign in Afghanistan. President Obama will send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan -- but he'll "begin the transfer of our forces out of Afghanistan in July of 2011." Then why send them?

If you're going to tell the Taliban to be patient because we're leaving, what's the point in upping the blood ante? For what will come down to a single year by the time the troops hit the ground? Does Obama really expect to achieve in one year what..

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...9SM02Lly5JbNaO

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Just plain nuts:

If you're going to tell the Taliban to be patient because we're leaving, what's the point in upping the blood ante? For what will come down to a single year by the time the troops hit the ground? Does Obama really expect to achieve in one year what..

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...9SM02Lly5JbNaO
    Do you know how many Taliban we could kill in a year if we were allowed to actually fight? But, sadly, I think you're right.The POTUS is an appeaser, not a commander in chief.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Above all, where was the strategy? And where are the four-star resignations over a policy designed to squander American lives just to give an administration political cover?

Don't hold your breath!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I don't like what I heard.

I would be OK with withdrawing from Afghanistan NOW if it was decided that there was no US interest worth losing soldiers over. And I kind of think this is the case.

I would also be OK with deciding to send in a "surge" with a strategy for victory and a declared vision of what that victory would BE. A goal and the resources to accomplish it. I can accept that even if I don't think we belong in Afghanistan any more.

Sending in more troops with a publicly stated timeline for withdrawal ........ This feels a lot like the kind of crap our leaders did in the 1960s. If I ran the Taliban I'd do exactly what the vietcong did. Hide. Strike unprotected targets of opportunity. Build up resources for a push in March of 2011.

Gee Obama, why not just show your cards in poker BEFORE the betting is done? Idiot. I can not believe that the voters who elected him are still happy. Just not conceivable,