Thread: Union Thugs Threaten Tree Lighting.

1. #1 Union Thugs Threaten Tree Lighting. 
    NBC workers threaten to boycott Rockefeller tree lighting

Alicia Keys, Aretha Frankilin and Shakira could be left in the dark on Wednesday night if TV staff at NBC staff carry out a threat to strike at the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony in New York.

30 Rock star Jane Krakowski and Chuck's Zachary Levi are slated to host the annual televised bash, with performances from the leading ladies Rod Stewart, Michael Buble, Barry Manilow, The Muppets and The Roots.

But the live telecast, which will be beamed across America, could be scrapped if NBC bosses continue to refuse to negotiate with the National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians union that represents nearly 3,000 of the network's producers and technicians.

Union chiefs are furious they're still awaiting a new contract nine months after the last one expired, and more than a year after talks started.

And they're likening executives at the TV giant to Dr Seuss's Grinch.

Union chief Ed McEwan says, "We can't let the Grinch at NBC steal another Christmas from thousands of honest working people. This charade must stop. Christmas is supposed to be a time of goodwill, but the network's management is trying to hide behind their fancy lights while leaving their employees in the dark."

According to the NBC Web site, the ceremony is still scheduled to air at 8 p.m. local time on Wednesday.
    I am certain that these union workers make more money for less experience and education than anybody I personally know. With TV advertising down and fewer Americans even giving a flip about "live" TV events in this age of TiVo and DVR, this is is insane.

If it happens some few New Yorkers and their kids will be disappointed, some advertisers will be furious, and the rest of us will read about online the next day - if then.

Chron

Maybe this forum should be renamed "Threads from the Dark Side' instead of 'Stupid Liberal Crap".

I hope they do go on strike. Fire them and hire a bunch of kids just out of high school for half the pay.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Maybe this forum should be renamed "Threads from the Dark Side' instead of 'Stupid Liberal Crap".
    It's pretty much the same thing.