Thread: Pelosi prevents production of MORE than 700 million barrels of oil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    700 million divided by America’s daily consumption of 25 million barrels = 28 days.
    You are correct if we used every drop out of the reserve holdings but that would put us in dire straights in an emergency. BTW, Bubba only used a small fraction of the reserves (30 million which equals a litte more than a 1 day supply by your figures). By the same token, Pisslosi is holding up production that could decrease our dependence on foreign oil by almost 12% using the figures in this article and your 28 day analogy. The point of this article is that this stupid bitch is preventing us from trying to become independent on foreign oil. At least that is my comprehension.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-25-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    At least that is my comprehension.
    And I agree with your perception, less me being an idiot.;)

I agree with these points - completely.
    Hmmmm... Then I must have been wrong somewhere...:D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The US produces about 5 million barrels of crude a day, and imports about 12 million
    or About 21 million barrels of petroleum total a day and about half of that is refined into gasoline !

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh at lunch today, and he mentioned that Ms. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA) was castigating the President for failing to release any of the "700 million barrels" of oil in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (our emergency supply).

Guess what? Nancy has been preventing the production of a lot more than 700 million barrels of our oil, and she has been doing it for years.

Take a look here:
    http://www.mms.gov/omm/pacific/offsh...s/2000-063.pdf

"Unproved reserves are estimated to be 1,316 million barrels of oil and 922 billion cubic feet of gas, in 25 fields."
    That's ONE BILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN MILLION barrels that Ms. Pelosi (and her fellow Democrats, with the meager help of a few spineless California RINOs) is keeping off the US market. That's nearly TWICE the amount she accuses the President of keeping off the market.

(By the way, one of the fields Ms. Pelosi is personally preventing from producing gasoline and other products for the US market is a "giant oil field," with over 500 million barrels just by itself:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2047212/posts )

Of course, maybe a bunch of Pelosi's offshore oil has magically disappeared. A more recent report ( http://www.mms.gov/omm/pacific/offshore/2007-012.pdf ) states that:
    "Un*proved reserves are estimated to be 1,166 million barrels of oil and 490 billion cubic feet of gas, in 12 fields."

That's still a LOT more than Pelosi's hypocritical "700 million" figure. Shame on you, Nancy: we're not all Democrats out here, so you shouldn't assume that we're all idiots.

As for the decrease in unproved reserves and number of discovered fields - apparently the MMS changed their 'discovery' criteria. But with oil at $100 plus per barrel (and I'm obviously being generous), the 'old' reports noting that 38 oil and gas fields had been discovered are no doubt much more accurate than the 'new' 25 field report.

(Please also note, the "new" report that is supposedly limited to 25 fields, uses the same map [on page 8] showing 38 - not 25, but 38 - previously discovered fields that the earlier reports used. How nice is that? Bottomline: the fields are there, and the oil is there. The report dates to 2007 [after Ms. Pelosi proved that the 'Peter Principle' is in fact true], so I suspect Ms. Pelosi somehow 'dissappeared' 13 previously discovered, publicly-owned oil fields, just to make her wacko-anti-American-California-environmental-extremist supporters happy.)

Which simply highlights the fact that the federal government (primarily the Democrat-controlled Pelosi-Reid Congress) is literally hiding previously discovered American energy resources from the American people...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2050742/posts

Moo, it is a lot more that that. We have between 1 and 2 TRILLION barrels of oil that was just put off limits last month. That is enough oil Logan's Papa, for 130 to 260 YEARS of US consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Moo, it is a lot more that that. We have between 1 and 2 TRILLION barrels of oil that was just put off limits last month. That is enough oil Logan's Papa, for 130 to 260 YEARS of US consumption.
    Preaching to the choir here CS.;)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    It wont last that long.California is going down the tube fast.They will be like flea's leaving the Peoples Republic and heading for Arizona and Colorado on their skate boards !One of these days some frustrated critter is going to throw the old witch into Half Moon Bay with an anvil tied around her scrawny old neck !

Or We could start a rumor about her giving up and allowing a vote and have the fat old crows of Code Pink park and every Tree Humper in creation on her front lawn for a few weeks
    :D

Just remember - California was a fine place to live, for the people that were actually born here - prior to all of you other assholes moving in by the thousand.

Just remember - California was a fine place to live, for the people that were actually born here - prior to all of you other assholes moving in by the thousand.
    American Indian? If not, your an asshole as well. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    American Indian? If not, your an asshole as well. :p
    You can't grasp the concept of "people that were actually born here?" Even the Indians came from somewhere else- technically.

You can't grasp the concept of "people that were actually born here?" Even the Indians came from somewhere else- technically.
    I know, I know....

I just had to type it! :D