Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 EPA Set to Declare Carbon Dioxide a Public Danger 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Step one: Declare it Dangerous and illegal.Step two:Tax the 'Sh*t' out of it !"

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will early next week, possibly as soon as Monday, officially declare carbon dioxide a public danger, a trigger that could mean regulation for emitters across the economy, according to several people close to the matter.

Such an "endangerment" decision is necessary for the EPA to move ahead early next year with new emission standards for cars. EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson has said it could also mean large emitters such as power stations, cement kilns, crude-oil refineries and chemical plants would have to curb their greenhouse gas output.

The announcement would also give President Barack Obama and his climate envoy negotiating leverage at a global climate summit starting next week in Copenhagen, Denmark and increase pressure on Congress to pass a climate bill that would modify the price of polluting.

While environmentalists celebrate EPA's authority to regulate greenhouse gases, it has caused many large emitters to cringe at the potential costs of compliance.

According to a preliminary endangerment finding published in April, EPA scientists fear that man-made carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases are contributing to a warming of the global climate. Senior EPA officials said in November the agency would likely make a final decision in December around the time of the summit.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...public-danger/

CO2 starts to affect humans if it is more than 5000 PPM. However, you probably won't start feeling the effects of CO2 until about 10,000 PPM or approximately 1% of air. Right now, CO2 is only at around 383 PPM. CO2 is relatively low right now. It has been increasing by about 1 PPM every year since the 1950s. It would take over 4,000 years at this rate for CO2 to start being dangerous to humans.

You could cut it a little bit, though there's really not much of a point to doing that. If you cut it too low, you'll start to harm plant life, which will mean less oxygen in the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    CO2 starts to affect humans if it is more than 5000 PPM. However, you probably won't start feeling the effects of CO2 until about 10,000 PPM or approximately 1% of air. Right now, CO2 is only at around 383 PPM. CO2 is relatively low right now. It has been increasing by about 1 PPM every year since the 1950s. It would take over 4,000 years at this rate for CO2 to start being dangerous to humans.

You could cut it a little bit, though there's really not much of a point to doing that. If you cut it too low, you'll start to harm plant life, which will mean less oxygen in the atmosphere.
    CO2 is plant and tree food and is self regulating .It's just another bogus cause for the Greenies and Liberals to jump on and tax.

No More soda pop for you kiddo !

Carol Browner, EPA director is famous for going off 'Half Cocked','Second Hand Smoke' anyone ?

I can only draw one conclusion from this: We need to start cutting down all the trees in the U.S.A.

Imagine the danger the native American Indians were in when the landscape was covered in those dangerous trees.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Drink your beer fast! We all have to do our part to contain that evil CO2.
    I hope that we all have a good laugh about this in a few years. Sadly, I know educated people that buy this snake oil.

Banned
    Giving all these wackos a healthy dose of CO would solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post

That makes sense. I don't have a problem with auto companies considering the effects of CO2 when designing cars, but I don't see where this needs to be EPA policy/federal law. I always was told it was Carbon Monoxide that was the problem. At least that's what some people's cigarette boxes say. My cigarettes are only bad for pregnant women and the babies they are carrying, according to the warning label (Virginia Slims).

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Giving all these wackos a healthy dose of CO would solve the problem.
    Just what they don't need is a massive gas enema .They are already full of wind and sh*t !:D

FYI....If you google this you will find articles dating back earlier this year as well.
    "I know bourbon gets better with age, because the older I get, the more I like it."
    Booker Noe (1929-2004) master distiller and grandson of Jim Beam

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny."
    Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC), Agamemnon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Just what they don't need is a massive gas enema .They are already full of wind and sh*t !:D
    A lethal dose would solve the problem:)