Yesterday CNN’s Wolf Blitzer interviewed Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), drilling her about her refusal to allow more domestic energy production. From the interview:

"BLITZER: So it’s all the fault of the Senate?
PELOSI: Yes, absolutely."

BLITZER: There are a lot of people out there, including plenty of Democrats, who say one of the most important things to do right now is to resume offshore drilling off the coast of California, Florida, elsewhere around the United States. Take a look at this poll that CNN/Opinion Research Corporation recently did.

“Do you favor offshore drilling?” Seventy-three percent said yes. “Do you oppose offshore drilling?” Only 27 percent.

You’re among the 27 percent. … Are you afraid if this comes up for a vote in the House you will lose, given the support for offshore oil drilling among these so-called blue dogs, or moderate Democrats, who will join with Republicans?

PELOSI: Afraid is not a word that is in my vocabulary.
BLITZER: Will you let it come up for a vote?

PELOSI: You know, I mean, the point is, is we are putting forth the alternatives that we need to put forth, and that is, drill, use it or lose it. …
BLITZER: So let me get — will you allow this issue, offshore oil drilling, to come up for a vote on the floor of the House?

PELOSI: We’re going to exhaust our other remedies in terms of increasing supply in America by…
BLITZER: So the answer is no?
PELOSI: I have no plans to do so./LIber Speak NO,NO!

http://blog.heritage.org/2008/07/18/...s-very-afraid/