1. #1 A report on the ground from West Point 
    A friend of mine was at West Point this weekend and got the low down on the Obama Speech.

Seems the cadets were briefed and given strict instructions on how they should conduct themselves during his tennis match. Further they were held captive there for 4 hours no one allowed in or out it got to the point that sandwiches were brought in. Apparently they wanted to show more shots of the audience but were forced not to due to the large number of sleeping cadets. :D

My friend also commented that while there he noticed several cars in the lot with Obama stickers which were unmolested quite in contradiction to the comments by Chris Matthews.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    A friend of mine was at West Point this weekend and got the low down on the Obama Speech.

Seems the cadets were briefed and given strict instructions on how they should conduct themselves during his tennis match. Further they were held captive there for 4 hours no one allowed in or out it got to the point that sandwiches were brought in. Apparently they wanted to show more shots of the audience but were forced not to due to the large number of sleeping cadets. :D

My friend also commented that while there he noticed several cars in the lot with Obama stickers which were unmolested quite in contradiction to the comments by Chris Matthews.
    My niece is a cadet there. Your friend got an accurate rendition of what happened. MANY of the cadets were not too happy about how they were treated by the O. Why did they need to be in their dress blues for 4 hours? One can only wonder.

If given a choice on whether to go, there would have been crickets.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    If given a choice on whether to go, there would have been crickets.
    Of course. But we cannot deny the anointed one a captive audience of military personnel so that he can attempt to use them to lend legitimacy to his speech.

Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    My niece is a cadet there. Your friend got an accurate rendition of what happened. MANY of the cadets were not too happy about how they were treated by the O. Why did they need to be in their dress blues for 4 hours? One can only wonder.
    From what my friend says - it wasn't many - it was most. He got the impression that once they were seated - they were not allowed to leave - not even to go to the bathroom.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a shame the cadets had their valuable time wasted. I don't care who's president at the time, making them sit there for 4 hours is beyond stupid.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What a shame the cadets had their valuable time wasted. I don't care who's president at the time, making them sit there for 4 hours is beyond stupid.
    Thi smoron spends 10 times more with his political hacks and lobbyists than he does with his Generals. Has anybody told him that his country is conducting 2 wars?:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand