Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Isn't Carl Sagan the dude that died?

If he died without Faith and accepting the Grace of God then he he is pretty much dead.

If he had Faith then he would believe in the Word of God. The Word of God speaks of angles being the messengers of God.

If you don't believe then you don't believe and Hell is very cold and dark.
    I'll let Mr. Sagan speak for himself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E-_DdX8Ke0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDjwF...eature=related
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 06-03-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "I find belief in angles ridiculous and do not think that particular belief deserves respect."

I completely agreed with that when I was in school, but my math teachers strenuously disagreed, so I had to learn acute, obtuse, ALL the different angles.
    ROFL!:D

Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post

So Sagan is a goddamn atheist and that makes him a credible source on angels in your eyes?

I use to think that he full of bullshit when he was alive. I am not even so sure he was that good of a scientist although PBS made a celebrity out of him.

Anyway he is dead now and if he doesn’t believe in angels then he is very cold and very dead just like you will be soon if you don't accept the Grace of God.

I use to think that he full of bullshit when he was alive. I am not even so sure he was that good of a scientist although PBS made a celebrity out of him.
    Carl Sagan was a good scientist, but I think his greatest contribution was the popularizing of science...

http://www.bartelby.com/65/sa/Sagan-Ca.html
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "I find belief in angles ridiculous and do not think that particular belief deserves respect."

I completely agreed with that when I was in school, but my math teachers strenuously disagreed, so I had to learn acute, obtuse, ALL the different angles.
    Ha! Good one!

Leaving angles aside for a moment, though, there certainly are a lot of obtuse people at the DUmp. ;)

I doubt that most people understand the Biblical concept of Angels.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I doubt that most people understand the Biblical concept of Angels.

There is a difference in the Old Testament and the New Testament description.

For instance, in the Old Testament Satan was an Angel of God that was sent with God's bidding to challenge Man. In the New Testament in the Book of Revelation Satan is at war with God.

Most of the description in the Bible is that of a messenger.

There is a difference in the Old Testament and the New Testament description.

For instance, in the Old Testament Satan was an Angel of God that was sent with God's bidding to challenge Man. In the New Testament in the Book of Revelation Satan is at war with God.

Most of the description in the Bible is that of a messenger.
    What I'm about to ask might come across like a joke, but I'm being serious... Is Satan a believer?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

What makes this a great country is you can believe whatever you want ( or believe nothing at all for that matter) and nobody can make you do otherwise.

If you want to worship bushes ,or think that God is in fact a giant spider, so be it. We are nation that was founded on the fact that each of us can worship as we please, follow any doctine, or choose whatever deity we wish.

This is liberty, treasure it my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    What I'm about to ask might come across like a joke, but I'm being serious... Is Satan a believer?
    Yes, Satan believes in God, if that was what you were asking. There is a passage in the Bible in which I believe it says, "Even demons believe in Jesus, and tremble at His name." That passage was meant to show that simply believing in Jesus is not enough to achieve salvation, that actually accepting Him as your Savior is what counts.
    I believe in angels, and I find it unsurprising that DU continues to spew out its blatant hatred towards anyone who believes in God or angels.
    As many people here pointed out, it is hypocritical and hilarious that the DUmmies in their typical display of hatred and arrogance act like all who believe in angels are stupid cavemen, yet they themselves post all kinds of threads in which they sing the praises of Wicca, Astrology, the occult, etc..