Thread: 78% of the US population believe in angels

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Yes, Satan believes in God, if that was what you were asking. There is a passage in the Bible in which I believe it says, "Even demons believe in Jesus, and tremble at His name." That passage was meant to show that simply believing in Jesus is not enough to achieve salvation, that actually accepting Him as your Savior is what counts.
    If Satan believes in God, then why would Satan wage war against God? Waging war against what one believes to be an omnipotent being is not exactly the smartest thing to do. Satan would have to be pretty stupid to wage war against God, someone he knows he can't beat, and yet the Bible portrays him as a clever trickster.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    If Satan believes in God, then why would Satan wage war against God? Waging war against what one believes to be an omnipotent being is not exactly the smartest thing to do. Satan would have to be pretty stupid to wage war against God, someone he knows he can't beat, and yet the Bible portrays him as a clever trickster.
    People that don't believe in God and people that wage war against God aren't exactly known for their intelligence, know what I mean?

Who knows the mind of Satan?

They don't believe in angles? How obtuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    They don't believe in angles? How obtuse!
    Hey! Making fun of fat people isn't nice!

:D
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

BSR
    This might answer some of your questions

http://www.gotquestions.org/angels-sin.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-defeat.html
    Last edited by BSR; 06-04-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Satan is the epitome of all evil - that makes him pretty darn stupid in my eyes. Tricks don't make one smart.
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Interesting. According to the Got Questions site, Satan is a great deceiver and an expert at falsifying truth...

As the great deceiver, Satan is an expert at falsifying truth (2 Corinthians 11:13-15).
    If Satan is a great deceiver who is allowed to try to influence mankind, then is it not possible that parts of the Bible have been perverted by Satan?

Anyway, getting back to the subject of this supposed war between God and Satan... I have a difficult time believing that a being which is supposedly "extremely intelligent" could be so blinded by pride that it would spend thousands of years fighting a war it can't win. Moreover, if God, who supposedly has perfect foreknowledge, created Satan even though he knew that Satan would betray him and go to war against him, then isn't the supposed war between God and Satan really just God being at war with himself?

I guess one can't blame God for going to war with himself. Existing for eternity and having perfect foreknowledge of what will take place in that eternity would make me want to go to war with myself too just to break the boredom.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 06-04-2008 at 12:19 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    Satan is the epitome of all evil - that makes him pretty darn stupid in my eyes. Tricks don't make one smart.
    According to the website Johnny Vegas provided a link to, Satan is extremely intelligent.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

BSR
    Interesting. According to the Got Questions site, Satan is a great deceiver and an expert at falsifying truth...

As the great deceiver, Satan is an expert at falsifying truth (2 Corinthians 11:13-15).
    If Satan is a great deceiver who is allowed to try to influence mankind, then is it not possible that parts of the Bible have been perverted by Satan?

Anyway, getting back to the subject of this supposed war between God and Satan... I have a difficult time believing that a being which is supposedly "extremely intelligent" could be so blinded by pride that it would spend thousands of years fighting a war it can't win. Moreover, if God, who supposedly has perfect foreknowledge, created Satan even though he knew that Satan would betray him and go to war against him, then isn't the supposed war between God and Satan really just God being at war with himself?

I guess one can't blame God for going to war with himself. Existing for eternity and having perfect foreknowledge of what will take place in that eternity would make me want to go to war with myself too just to break the boredom.

And this is why it is useless to debate you on religion. Your not interested in learning about what Christians believe, your only intrested in trying to find ways to mock Christians.

Instead of arguing with you and playing your little game, I'll pray for you instead..

gator

Any being with free will can be blinded with pride.

Free will is a bitch. It makes us do all kinds of stupid things. However, you can thank God for Grace. Us poor humans have it, Satan doesn't.