Thread: 78% of the US population believe in angels

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    And this is why it is useless to debate you on religion. Your not interested in learning about what Christians believe, your only intrested in trying to find ways to mock Christians.

Instead of arguing with you and playing your little game, I'll pray for you instead..
    I haven't mocked anyone.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    According to the website Johnny Vegas provided a link to, Satan is extremely intelligent.
    Intellegence does not equal rational actions, and irrational actions such as fighting God seem stupid to me. Intelligent people can do some very very stupid things.
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    Intellegence does not equal rational actions, and irrational actions such as fighting God seem stupid to me. Intelligent people can do some very very stupid things.
    I understand that intelligent people aren't always rational, but in the case of Satan, aren't we are talking about an "extremely intelligent" being who has spent thousands of years fighting a war it can't possibly win?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Patent Member
    I understand that intelligent people aren't always rational, but in the case of Satan, aren't we are talking about an "extremely intelligent" being who has spent thousands of years fighting a war it can't possibly win?
    Because you're attributing human thoughts and actions to an inhuman being. Human reasoning is not necessarily universal, it is unique to humans.

Unfortunately, there aren't any sentient beings with which to compare ourselves.

So if someone is "extremly intelligent," they are incapable of doing anything stupid????
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace