Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Copenhagen hypocrisy 
    Poor Wilbur, the Copenhagen Climate Summit is the biggest show of hypocrisy ever foisted on modern civilization. Check out the 'carbon footprint' here...

Liars and hypocrites

16,500... people will fly in to attend the summit. (most on private jets)

75... heads of state and other VIPs are expected to turn up, including Barack Obama. (along with their support casts)

200,000... cups of (organic) coffee will be served to delegates. (how much carbon is emitted to even make that much coffee and keep it hot?)

2,500... meetings will be held during the two week conference, across 38 rooms at the Bella Center. (heating, cooling)

3,100... delegates, observers and journalists are being put up free of charge in the homes of Copenhagen residents, as part of a pioneering accommodation project. (what about getting there, what about getting to the conference, getting back home?)

oh and this..

200... bikes are available for rent at the summit site.

Think AlBore, Destmond TuTu, Lenny DiCaprio and Darryl Hannah will be renting bikes?

rm -rf obama*

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Do as they say, not as they do.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Banned
    Perhaps you need to be acquainted with the Tu Quoque form of ad hominem fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Perhaps you need to be acquainted with the Tu Quoque form of ad hominem fallacy.
    Oh, you speak Latin, we're not impressed.

IF the world is dying because of CO2 emissions, the Copenhagen Summit should be thoroughly condemned by your side.

We'll be waiting for your condemnation.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post

IF the world is dying because of CO2 emissions, the Copenhagen Summit should be thoroughly condemned by your side.

It really is a show of hypocrisy that is almost unimaginable. This is not 1989. There is no legitimate reason for all these people and their faithful press corps to be traveling in meat space for this kind of purpose.

Banned

Really? Instead of cherry picking ominous sounding, but vague numbers, what will be the actual cost in C02? Do tell...

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Really? Instead of cherry picking ominous sounding, but vague numbers, what will be the actual cost in C02? Do tell...
    Oh, so it's "ok" if the cost in CO2 is of a level "acceptable" to the moonbats.
    But your allies bitch about me driving an SUV.

Yes, we see how you think.

rm -rf obama*

Banned

Yes, if the C02 emissions are within the only feasible, yet acceptable ranges, then they are probably acceptable. I don't know if they they are in this instance, but thats all any reasonable person can ask.
    Last edited by wilbur; 12-07-2009 at 11:35 AM.

wilbur, explain to me why all these people and their entourages are flying in their many thousands to a physical location to discuss carbon generation issues. Why would they do that?

We no longer do even a third of the meat space meetings and conferences that we did 10 years ago. There's no need for it anymore. We don't do it because it's needlessly expensive and it causes work/life balance issues. Truthfully, we find that one 6 to 8 hour sat conference (with individual texting and email) is as productive as our old 3 day out-of-town meetings.

To wilbur when you point out facts you are "cherry picking" but when wilbur is "cherry picking" he is pointing out facts.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis