1. #1 Iowa protest aimed at Karl Rove leads to arrests 
    Patent Member
    Iowa protest aimed at Karl Rove leads to arrests
    DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - Four peace activists were arrested on Friday as they attempted to make a "citizens arrest" of Karl Rove, who was one of President George W. Bush's top aides before leaving the administration last year.

Not much there now, but I'm sure this was tremendously entertaining to watch. I think I'm going to write the local Republicans a check tomorrow. Or should the gratitude go to the local cops?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Iowa protest aimed at Karl Rove leads to arrests
    DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - Four peace activists were arrested on Friday as they attempted to make a "citizens arrest" of Karl Rove, who was one of President George W. Bush's top aides before leaving the administration last year.

Not much there now, but I'm sure this was tremendously entertaining to watch. I think I'm going to write the local Republicans a check tomorrow. Or should the gratitude go to the local cops?
    To the cops only if they put a few knots on their heads or drew blood.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    "It should be Karl Rove in that van.War Criminal!" one of a dozen protestors shouted as the four were put into a police van outside a Des Moines country club where Rove spoke at a private state Republican party fundraiser.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Idiots FAIL!!!! :D Very precious!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    To the cops only if they put a few knots on their heads or drew blood.
    Good call! I'll watch the news. If there were any black eyes resulting from the idjits resisting arrest I'll throw in a box of donuts as well.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    IIRC, Rove was speaking at the Wakonda Club on the south side of Des Moines. I'm surprised that security didn't smell the hippies trying to issue the "citizen's arrest" from a mile away.

They were well known "activists".
    Four Iowans were arrested today while attempting to make a Citizens' Arrest of Karl Rove in Des Moines, Iowa. Citing Iowa Code provisions for making Citizen's Arrests as well as citing Federal Statute violations they claimed Rove had violated, the four were stopped at the gate of the Wakonda Country Club in Des Moines where Rove was scheduled to speak at a Republican Fundraiser.

The four arrested were retired Methodist minister and Peace and Justice Advocate, Rev. Chet Guinn, 80, as well as three Des Moines Catholic Workers, Edward Bloomer, 61, Kirk Brown, 25, and Mona Shaw, 57. All four were cited for trespassing and released.
    Contacts:
    Mona Shaw MonaShaw@aol.com
    Kirk Brown kbmw36@yahoo.com
    Chet Guinn CLGuinn@mchsi.com
    Frank Cordaro frank.cordaro@gmail.com
    Phillip Berrigan Catholic Worker House
    713 Indiana Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50314
    515-282-4781
    www.DesMoinesCatholicWorker.org

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    They were well known "activists".
    That Frank Cordaro guy went to high school with my dad. I hear he's been a raging mooonbat since the 60's. I played golf with his younger brother a while back, and he said they've given up bailing him out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    That Frank Cordaro guy went to high school with my dad. I hear he's been a raging mooonbat since the 60's. I played golf with his younger brother a while back, and he said they've given up bailing him out of jail.
    He's a legend in his own mind.:D