Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Scary Gun Banning Alert. 
    State lawmakers to seek ban on sales of semi-automatic weapons

In response to recent shooting deaths, three state lawmakers say they want to ban the sale of military-style semi-automatic weapons in Washington.

By Molly Rosbach

Seattle Times staff reporter

In response to recent shooting deaths, three state lawmakers say they want to ban the sale of military-style semi-automatic weapons in Washington. The lawmakers intend to propose the ban in the state legislative session that begins next month.

The legislation, called the Aaron Sullivan Public Safety and Police Protection Bill, would prohibit the sale of such weapons to private citizens and require current owners to pass background checks.

It is named for Aaron Sullivan, 18, who was fatally shot last July in Seattle's Leschi neighborhood, allegedly with an assault-style weapon.

Supporters say they also are motivated by the Oct. 31 slaying of Seattle Police Officer Timothy Brenton and the wounding of his partner. Police believe a .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle was used then.

The bill is backed by Seattle's police department, spokeswoman Renee Witt said. Also pushing it is Washington Ceasefire, a nonprofit that seeks to reduce gun violence. The group plans a news conference today to announce the proposal.

The lawmakers who plan to sponsor the bill are Rep. Ross Hunter, D-Medina; Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle; and Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles, D-Seattle.

The ban would cover semiautomatics designed for military use that are capable of rapid-fire and can hold more than 10 rounds. Semiautomatics designed for sporting or hunting purposes wouldn't be banned.

"If they're used in the army, used in the war — that's what this ban is about," said Ralph Fascitelli, the board president of Washington Ceasefire.

Dave Workman, senior editor of Gun Week, a publication of the Second Amendment Foundation in Bellevue, said such a ban would punish law-abiding citizens who own such guns.

"I don't care if my neighbor has a dozen of the things; ... as long as he's not hurting anyone or breaking any laws, leave him alone," Workman said.
    Because scary-looking guns are so much more dangerous than the cute ones.

Seattle Times

I dunno Ginger, this one looks pretty scary to me...

rm -rf obama*

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Because scary-looking guns are so much more dangerous than the cute ones.

Seattle Times
    These gun grabbing swine will never give up,As old Joe said "Useful Idiots All" .

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I dunno Ginger, this one looks pretty scary to me...

I automatically like that even though I think it's harder to get a decent site picture with those little guns. What an awesome stocking stuffer that would be! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I automatically like that even though I think it's harder to get a decent site picture with those little guns. What an awesome stocking stuffer that would be! :D
    It is a S&W 637 Airweight in .38 Special. The pink grips are actually a factory option.

rm -rf obama*

Oh goody, another "it looks scary" ban attempt

Why can't these F* $s just say they want all the guns? The caliber, size or looks of a weapon don't kill, the person behind it does...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I hate HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    It is a S&W 637 Airweight in .38 Special. The pink grips are actually a factory option.
    I have the hammerless model, but instead of pink grips it has crimson trace laser grips! A good little carry gun!

:Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
    ” I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.

I hate HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Oh goody, another "it looks scary" ban attempt

Why can't these F* $s just say they want all the guns? The caliber, size or looks of a weapon don't kill, the person behind it does...
    Those idiots should see my compound bow! It looks scary! Especially racked with razor sharp broadheads!

:Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
    ” I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Those idiots should see my compound bow! It looks scary! Especially racked with razor sharp broadheads!
    I'm saving up for a BMG 50 cal. myself. About $300 more will do it ;)
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I have the hammerless model, but instead of pink grips it has crimson trace laser grips! A good little carry gun!
    They have the Crimson Trace grips in Hot Pink too.

rm -rf obama*