Thread: Hadley/CRU data tampering confirmed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Hadley/CRU data tampering confirmed 
    Power CUer
    by our friends the russkies

act surprised, the warmers omitted the tep stations that did nto suit the desired findings

scroll down toward the bottom for this

Controversy arose after various allegations were made including that climate scientists colluded to withhold scientific evidence and manipulated data to make the case for global warming appear stronger than it is.
    Climategate has already affected Russia. On Tuesday, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian-climate data.
    The IEA believes that Russian meteorological-station data did not substantiate the anthropogenic global-warming theory.
    Analysts say Russian meteorological stations cover most of the country's territory, and that the Hadley Center had used data submitted by only 25% of such stations in its reports.
    Over 40% of Russian territory was not included in global-temperature calculations for some other reasons, rather than the lack of meteorological stations and observations.
    The data of stations located in areas not listed in the Hadley Climate Research Unit Temperature UK (HadCRUT) survey often does not show any substantial warming in the late 20th century and the early 21st century.
    The HadCRUT database includes specific stations providing incomplete data and highlighting the global-warming process, rather than stations facilitating uninterrupted observations.
    On the whole, climatologists use the incomplete findings of meteorological stations far more often than those providing complete observations.
    IEA analysts say climatologists use the data of stations located in large populated centers that are influenced by the urban-warming effect more frequently than the correct data of remote stations.
    The scale of global warming was exaggerated due to temperature distortions for Russia accounting for 12.5% of the world's land mass. The IEA said it was necessary to recalculate all global-temperature data in order to assess the scale of such exaggeration.
    Global-temperature data will have to be modified if similar climate-date procedures have been used from other national data because the calculations used by COP15 analysts, including financial calculations, are based on HadCRUT research.

It's all lies! The Goreicle says so! Thou shalt not balspheme the reorganized church of global climate change or her prophet the Goreicle!!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Or not:

The problem here is the IEA report does not support the claims made in the news story. I've reproduced the final graph from the report below. The red curve is the temperature trend using the 121 Russian stations that CRU has released data for, while the blue hockey stick is from a larger set of 476 stations. I've put them on top of the CRU temperatures for northern extratropics. The red and blue curves agree very well in the period after 1950, thus confirming the CRU temperatures. Well done, IEA!

The red and blue curves do diverge in the 19th century, but the one that provides more support for anthropogenic global warming is the blue hockey stick.(IE, the temperature plot that includes ALL the stations) The red curve shows warming in the 19th century before there were significant CO2 emissions, so it weakens the case that global warming is man-made. If CRU (not HAdley as claimed in the Russian news story) have "tampered" with the data, it would seem that they must have been trying to make a case against AGW.

Steve McIntyre will no doubt be demanding the IEA's data and code for their study. No doubt.
    http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2009...firms_20th.php

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Or not:
    we'll just wait till someone with credibility validates.
    if there is anyone...

We're automatically suppose to accept the output of known lairs and con men when they defend their lies?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    We're automatically suppose to accept the output of known liars and con men when they defend their lies?

the catch-22 is funny. cant report the denial without acknowledging the issue. the MSM has caused such problems for itself by abandoning any sort of journalistic integrity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    We're automatically suppose to accept the output of known lairs and con men when they defend their lies?
    I would hope you that you don't automatically accept output from anyone FlaGator.

But unfortunately, thats exactly how you operate, as long as the output agrees with what you want to believe. Where are your cries for "the data" in regards to the vague claims of this economic Russian think tank? Oh thats right, you don't care. The bias news stories have provided you with what little excuse you needed to drop any pretence of bothersome objectivity, while you go out and scream fraud and hoax at the top of your lungs, facts be damned.

And I wast aware that Tim Lambert, of the Deltoid blog was a 'proven con man'. Or do you just not even bother with trying to maintain any ounce of intellectual credibility anymore?
    Last edited by wilbur; 12-19-2009 at 01:52 PM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    GLOBAL WARMING causes Blizzard to hit Washington D.C.
    with two feet of snow!!!

AlGore says..."Hey, don't blame me, I'm still trying to get people to fork over a thousand bucks to have a pic taken with me."

:p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

:eek:

Peolple are seen on the beach covered by snow in Nice, southeastern France, Saturday, Dec. 19, 2009. Temperature is 3 degrees celcius (37,2 Farenheit).

Oh Noes!!!!

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

:eek:

Peolple are seen on the beach covered by snow in Nice, southeastern France, Saturday, Dec. 19, 2009. Temperature is 3 degrees celcius (37,2 Farenheit).

Oh Noes!!!!

:D

QUICK ! send money to Mugabe in Zimbabwe while there is still time to stop globla warming !