Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1 Is Marijuana going to be legalized in CA? 
    Senior Member zBoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    378
    At this time I do not see a lot of hope of stopping the tide of legalizing marijuana. Legal "medical" marijuana can be easily had and entire rural areas are making their living off of it. the potential cash value + current legal marijuana presence IMO = It will be legalized by the ballot measure come Nov 2010

    article
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1260...IDDLTopStories


    I think its basically accepted as legal now...

    What do you think and is it coming to your state?

    "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member malloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    At this time I do not see a lot of hope of stopping the tide of legalizing marijuana. Legal "medical" marijuana can be easily had and entire rural areas are making their living off of it. the potential cash value + current legal marijuana presence IMO = It will be legalized by the ballot measure come Nov 2010

    article
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1260...IDDLTopStories


    I think its basically accepted as legal now...

    What do you think and is it coming to your state?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bill of Rights
    XIV. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people

    X. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people
    Marijuana, when accompanied by a doctor's perscription is already legal in California. I don't recall any power granted to the Congress under Article 1, Section 8 that allows the Federal Government to deny such a prescription, nor do I believe an amendment which would grant such power exists. In all questions of governance not expressly authorized by Article 1 - Section 8 or the amendments, the Congress cannot make any law and expect it to be enforced. Therefore, California is free to make their own laws on this issue so long as we actually believe the Constitution holds any merit.

    The federal government was completely off it's dominating rocker when it created these abolitionist laws. Short of a Constitutional Amendment, the U.S. had and still has, no authority to regulate these substances or the manner in which they are made available nor prescribed. Sure, the U.S. can prevent the sale of these substances across State lines, and from outside the borders of the U.S. However, what is grown in California, prescribed in California, and administered under California law is sacrosanct under our form of government.

    Before you disagree or start harping on the inherit bad nature of these substances, imagine if marijuana were replaced with firearm, and California were replaced with Montana. You've probably realized by now that your argument against California's control of it's own plants is purely partisan and self-serving.
     

  3. #3  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,917
    80% of CA is already high, this should get the number closer to 100%
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member zBoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post

    Before you disagree or start harping on the inherit bad nature of these substances, imagine if marijuana were replaced with firearm, and California were replaced with Montana. You've probably realized by now that your argument against California's control of it's own plants is purely partisan and self-serving.
    I wasnt aware I was going to argue against it. I'm going to vote for legalization, but not because of your arguments. I voted against Medical Marijuana.. but that passed, so now the laws are a joke. Everyone running to a pot doctor and paying $125 for a fake prescription for their pot for the headaches or whatever is a joke. Pot heads pooling their prescriptions and growing huge farms worth of "medical pot" is a joke.

    I think a vote yes is necessary. Medical MJ, except for a very few rare cases, is a joke and CA might as well reap the tax benefit.

    "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    I think a vote yes is necessary. Medical MJ, except for a very few rare cases, is a joke and CA might as well reap the tax benefit.
    I am not in favor of legalizing pot. However, you are correct that the law regarding medical M. is a joke. The politicians see big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ signs. I have heard they want to tax it at 33%. Who in their right mind would buy legal pot when they can buy it a hell of a lot cheaper in the black market. That is a big problem and the state does not have the resources to police it either. Also, money, money, money, is what all the killings in Mexico is about. Do you want to import that type of violence here. It will happen. The legit sellers against the black market thugs. More drugs===more crime and murders. Just common sense. Plus, what's next? legalization of H, coke, etc.
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member johvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside of Philly
    Posts
    103
    the government would be hoping that the American people were lazy in the pot buying, thus paying all the taxes... Lets face it.... If you can buy pot AND chips at the local grocery store then why search around on the black market... Dude.
    LONG LIVE GENERAL BEN RAINES !!!!
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by johvale View Post
    the government would be hoping that the American people were lazy in the pot buying, thus paying all the taxes... Lets face it.... If you can buy pot AND chips at the local grocery store then why search around on the black market... Dude.
    Because it would be 33% cheaper and would be just as available as the taxed dope.
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member johvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside of Philly
    Posts
    103
    Maybe the grocery store will issue coupons...
    LONG LIVE GENERAL BEN RAINES !!!!
     

  9. #9  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by johvale View Post
    Maybe the grocery store will issue coupons...
    Dope for dopes purchased with your food stamps.:eek:
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member johvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside of Philly
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Dope for dopes purchased with your food stamps.:eek:
    Thats a funny one. I wonder how long it would take before something like that happened?!
    LONG LIVE GENERAL BEN RAINES !!!!
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •