Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johvale View Post
    Thats a funny one. I wonder how long it would take before something like that happened?!
    With all the new rights the dummies in DC are coming up with, being stoned could be a new one.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I am not in favor of legalizing pot. However, you are correct that the law regarding medical M. is a joke. The politicians see big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ signs. I have heard they want to tax it at 33%. Who in their right mind would buy legal pot when they can buy it a hell of a lot cheaper in the black market. That is a big problem and the state does not have the resources to police it either. Also, money, money, money, is what all the killings in Mexico is about. Do you want to import that type of violence here. It will happen. The legit sellers against the black market thugs. More drugs===more crime and murders. Just common sense. Plus, what's next? legalization of H, coke, etc.

one thing you have to remember people would rather pay for CONVENIENCE, and will pay the extra 33%. look at cigarettes, even with all the taxes people still pay for them. besides Legit companies are going to spring up and those that do are going to push the "purity" aspect of it, free of be laced with other drugs that are often put into blackmarket options.

If you really want to get stoned drink! Marijuana is way over rated in my opinion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    one thing you have to remember people would rather pay for CONVENIENCE, and will pay the extra 33%. look at cigarettes, even with all the taxes people still pay for them. besides Legit companies are going to spring up and those that do are going to push the "purity" aspect of it, free of be laced with other drugs that are often put into blackmarket options.
    Medical Marijuana is not cheap. Add another 33% and it gets a lot more expensive. I was under the impression that conservatives were against new taxes. Also, expansion of new government employee will take place. Legalization will result in more usage and more crime in my opinion. However, as a conservative I would like someone to explain the benefits of additional taxes along with hiring more city/state employees to administer and police the sale of weed.

Your assertion that black-market weed is laced and legal weed isl not is a joke. We are not talking about cocaine here. So, I do not think you know what you are talking about. BTW, some of the best weed in the world comes from OUTSIDE the continental US.

Medical Marijuana is not cheap. Add another 33% and it gets a lot more expensive. I was under the impression that conservatives were against new taxes. Also, expansion of new government employee will take place. Legalization will result in more usage and more crime in my opinion. However, as a conservative I would like someone to explain the benefits of additional taxes along with hiring more city/state employees to administer and police the sale of weed.

Your assertion that black-market weed is laced and legal weed isl not is a joke. We are not talking about cocaine here. So, I do not think you know what you are talking about. BTW, some of the best weed in the world comes from OUTSIDE the continental US.
    The government has just about killed their tobacco cash cow so it would not surprise me if they milk pot and who knows what else next. I don't think it's about health it's all about money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The government has just about killed their tobacco cash cow so it would not surprise me if they milk pot and who knows what else next. I don't think it's about health it's all about money.
    Sure it's about money. Cigs bad for you; pot not bad for you. What kind of moronic thinking is that. What is next after legalization of pot. Next is will be coke, heroin, speedball, etc.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 01-18-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Sure it's about money. Cigs bad for you; pot not bad for you. What kind of moronic thinking is that. What is next after legalization of pot. Next is will be coke, heroin, speedball, etc.
    It will be opiates and they will encourage the use. There would be no easier way to control a population and keep them from protesting against you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It will be opiates and they will encourage the use. There would be no easier way to control a population and keep them from protesting against you!
    I betcha this country takes more drugs legal and illegal per capita than any country in the world. We have become a country of dopers. If we get a slight headache, we take a pill. If we are depressed, we go to the Dr. to get anti-depressant drugs. Same with pain pills. Shit, we even take pills when we feel good. Even kids are taking many drugs for behavioral problems. When I was a kid, a belt held in my dads hand corrected any problems I had. Big pharma wants to keep us in a drug induced state. Now, people need to get stoned to feel good. That is just f. up.

9. #19 Go 
    I am a homebrewer. NC allows me to brew 100 gal. of beer an or wine a year for my family's use. I cannot sell it or give it to minors. If I am caught doing either I lose my right to brew. I think the laws on pot should be along these lines. Let people grow a few plants a year and have a limited amount of dried pot in their home. This would knock down the price and end a lot of it flowing in from other countries.
    ________
    Sell vaporizers
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    I am a homebrewer. NC allows me to brew 100 gal. of beer an or wine a year for my family's use. I cannot sell it or give it to minors. If I am caught doing either I lose my right to brew. I think the laws on pot should be along these lines. Let people grow a few plants a year and have a limited amount of dried pot in their home. This would knock down the price and end a lot of it flowing in from other countries.
    Then, why not let people grow their own poppy and coca plants for their own use? Using that analogy, you would have less dope-heads, fewer killings over drugs and less crime. Not. Either making or growing your own, the usage will increase especially to minors because of lower cost and accessibility.