Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The big freeze: Temperatures expected to hit -6c tonight
    Mark Prigg, Science and Technology Editor

A big freeze will pile even more misery on commuters and Christmas holidaymakers tonight on one of the coldest nights of the year in London.

Temperatures of -6C in the suburbs and -2C in central London are expected to cause major difficulties on icy roads and pavements. ...
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-6c-tonight.do

Someone must be holding Al Gore prisoner in London. :(

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-6c-tonight.do

Someone must be holding Al Gore prisoner in London. :(
    Then his evil twin is being held for ransom somewhere in the Western U.S.A. :(

I'm sure that this is bush's fault some how - and of course - blizzards are caused by global warming . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    That's good advice, and I've been seriously contemplating the rental option today. I'd far rather trash a rental car than my car, although I'd far rather not trash any car at all. I'll decide tomorrow.
    I like your Porsche. Fortunately mine never sees the snow...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I like your Porsche. Fortunately mine never sees the snow...
    You have one too? How cool. Which one?

This is my second. I had a Boxster until last year. I totalled it in Germany in icy conditions ... one reason I'm not overly keen on the current weather in Teh Yuk.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    You have one too? How cool. Which one?

This is my second. I had a Boxster until last year. I totalled it in Germany in icy conditions ... one reason I'm not overly keen on the current weather in Teh Yuk.
    Are studded tires legal there? I have a Subaru, which, of course, is AWD, so I'm about 80% sure-footed.. Studs make it 100%.. Awesome ice traction, but you have to get them off once the roads are dry again.

I know when I was in Switzerland, there were passes that were closed to you unless you had tire chains..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Are studded tires legal there? I have a Subaru, which, of course, is AWD, so I'm about 80% sure-footed.. Studs make it 100%.. Awesome ice traction, but you have to get them off once the roads are dry again.

I know when I was in Switzerland, there were passes that were closed to you unless you had tire chains..
    Sounds like you know your cars. Which Scooby do you have? I've a couple of friends have the P1. I considered it when I binned the 986, but I loved the 911 too much not to get another porker.

Studs and winterreiffen are hard to come by here. Most tyre places won't even stock them down south, but in Scotland harsh winters are more the norm. I'm fairly certain that studs are not legal in the UK, but the cops probably would not know them from a hole in the ground.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.