Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Reid Bill Says Future Congresses Cannot Repeal Parts of Reid Bill 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Senator Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) pointed out some rather astounding language in the Senate health care bill during floor remarks tonight.

"Just wait until the House Adds The Public Option Back Into The Bill along with Full Abortion funding !"

First, he noted that there are a number of changes to Senate rules in the bill--and it's supposed to take a 2/3 vote to change the rules.

And then he pointed out that the Reid bill declares on page 1020 that the Independent Medicare Advisory Board cannot be repealed by future Congresses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnmvV...layer_embedded

there's one provision that i found particularly troubling and it's under section c, titled "limitations on changes to this subsection."

and i quote -- "it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment, or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."

this is not legislation. it's not law. this is a rule change. it's a pretty big deal. we will be passing a new law and at the same time creating a senate rule that makes it out of order to amend or even repeal the law.

i'm not even sure that it's constitutional, but if it is, it most certainly is a senate rule. i don't see why the majority party wouldn't put this in every bill. if you like your law, you most certainly would want it to have force for future senates.

i mean, we want to bind future congresses. this goes to the fundamental purpose of senate rules: to prevent a tyrannical majority from trampling the rights of the minority or of future co congresses.

According to page 1001 of the Reid bill, the purpose of the Independent Medical Advisory Board is to "reduce the per capita rate of growth in Medicare spending."

For any fearmongers out there tempted to call an unelected body that recommends Medicare cuts a "Death Panel," let me be clear.

According to page 1004, IMAB proposals "shall not include any recommendation to ration health care"--you know, just like the bill says there's no funding for abortion.

Paging Sarah Palin: the death panel is unkillable.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...ure_cong_1.asp

Power CUer
    you may (or may not) be able to make them go away but you can eliminate their funding.

Funny. They are trying to make this bill untouchable yet they believe that the Bill of Rights can be amended. Wow.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I stated on another post that they would do this. The DUMBORAT party wants full control of every thing. Where are the screaming liberals who for 8 years shreiked about loss of rights, Bush control, etc, etc? Where are you retards now that real tyranny is taking place?

Now that "Hope and Change" has become "Hopelessly Changed," we will begin to see the loss of traditional rights to go the way of traditional morals.:mad:
    Last edited by AmPat; 12-22-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I really hope and pray that this monstrosity(sp?) never sees the light of day...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I really hope and pray that this monstrosity(sp?) never sees the light of day...
    It will,You can count on it !The thing is Maxine Waters (Communist,Ca )Wants the same payola deal that Nelson has and she will fight to have the public option and full funded aborting put back into the house version,The Congressional Black Caucus ,don't cha know.

In the next few elections the Liberals will lose about forty house seats and maybe ten in the senate.The Republicans are just as bad.Just a bit more rational.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    It will,You can count on it !The thing is Maxine Waters (Communist,Ca )Wants the same payola deal that Nelson has and she will fight to have the public option and full funded aborting put back into the house version,The Congressional Black Caucus ,don't cha know.

In the next few elections the Liberals will lose about forty house seats and maybe ten in the senate.The Republicans are just as bad.Just a bit more rational.
    Reconciliation((SP?) again) is the last hurdle...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I would suggest that some future congress votes to repeal and let the SCOTUS decide. Besides the sets a bad precedence in the cause of some bill (like this one) gets passed and it does so much damange to the economy (like this one will) and Congress can't get rid of it so down the toilet we go.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 12-22-2009 at 03:23 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Funny. They are trying to make this bill untouchable yet they believe that the Bill of Rights can be amended. Wow.
    hopefully there wil be a constitutional challenge to this which will strike the whole fucking mess down. :mad: THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF. BOTH of my senators intend to ignore the will of the people of Pennsylvania and vote for this mess. SUCH BULLSHIT.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

And they vote at 1 in the morning!!! And on Christmas Eve!!! The whole multi-thousand mess is disgusting! They have absolutely destroyed my faith and trust in politicians.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!