Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I physically removed my TV from my house 
    I physically removed my TV from my house

Topic started on 23-12-2009 @ 10:22 AM by downtown436

I have determined it to be a brainwashing tool, and don't want it in my house anymore. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

I feel much better, even after just 24 hours.

Has anyone else taken the step, to simply remove their TV?

How did your family react?

How do you feel, and are you accomplishing more in your life?
    Not the End Of The World - or is it?

Above Top Secret

I don't understand how easily people are influenced and how what they believe is up for grabs. I would severely ration television to children though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't understand how easily people are influenced and how what they believe is up for grabs. I would severely ration television to children though!
    agreed since what they believe is up for grabs being skulls full of mush.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Actually I've seen this work! My sister had four teenagers in her house, they would come home and not do anything but veg in front of the t.v., it became work for her to get them to communicate, read, interact..so OUT went the t.v...
    Its been quite a few years now...she has four college grads, two with advanced degrees and when the family gathers its board games and conversation and laughter!
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    Actually I've seen this work! My sister had four teenagers in her house, they would come home and not do anything but veg in front of the t.v., it became work for her to get them to communicate, read, interact..so OUT went the t.v...
    Its been quite a few years now...she has four college grads, two with advanced degrees and when the family gathers its board games and conversation and laughter!
    I don't watch TV my wife does.If we got rid of the TV she would talk even more than she does now and her head would burst into flames from the friction!

I physically removed my TV from my house
    This is probably the best way to remove it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I don't watch TV my wife does.If we got rid of the TV she would talk even more than she does now and her head would burst into flames from the friction!
    rotfl!:D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    My wife watches the early liberal talking heads most mornings.She Is addicted to Don Imus and watches that every morning.In the evening she watches the super fat people lose weight and those people on some island trying to out fox each other.What little TV I watch is the SI_FI channel and Fox news but not much of that.I've given up on even looking at those so called liberal news channels.

I watch TCM, Lifetime movies (I'm addicted to suburban angst), Chiller, Fox Business, and the more entertaining OCD shows. I also watch '24' and 'House'. That's it. I don't actually watch anything from May through September - too much to do. :)

10. #10 Good thread 
    This is an area of contention with my wife and I.... I have stated that when my son becomes around age 3 or so I want to get rid of cable. She and all of her friends then state that if I were too do that then they would simply go over to a friends home and watch. My reply is simple... If they go to a friends house and watch it then it's fine... As long as it is not under OUR roof. I think it is a great idea. There are some good shows and channels on... But most of them suck. I think MTV and some of the other ones are complete crap. What do they show that has ANY value... I hate to say it.. But even the history channel has become a complete liberal white-wash of history with much of it's programming.
    LONG LIVE GENERAL BEN RAINES !!!!