1. #1 Lefty Paper Weeps Over Weeds Impacted By AGW Hoax. 
    Global warming to keep animals, plants on move
    Peter Fimrite, Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Plants and critters will have to move an average of a quarter-mile every year to keep up with global warming this century, meaning less mobile creatures will have to adapt or die, a new study revealed Wednesday.

A team of scientists from the California Academy of Sciences, UC Berkeley and the Carnegie Institute of Science said the blistering pace of climate change is going to force animals to scramble, sometimes for miles, looking for relief.

The study, which was published Wednesday in the scientific journal Nature, found that animals and plants - depending on whether they live in the flatlands or mountains - will have to travel anywhere from 50 feet to 6 miles every year between now and 2100 to find habitat similar to what they currently enjoy.

"Adapt, move or go extinct. Those are the three options," said Healy Hamilton, a conservation biologist at San Francisco's Academy of Sciences and a co-author of the paper.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0acnpqwNb
    The article is just the usual rubbish but the comments are priceless:

giantzzfan3312/24/2009 5:09:26 AM

They're right... it was raining at my house and two blocks away it was snowing... two more blocks down the road it was 98 degrees.... two blocks later it's a vaccuum with zero gravity... it's crazy I tell you!
    That was easily the dumbest column I've ever read!!

It's funny how enviro-weenies claim to believe in evolution - that is until it comes to survival of the fittest.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

a quarter mile a year? In which direction. If it is AGW then I guess the equator creatures are headed north. What happens when everything and everybody arrive at the north pole? At a quarter of a mile a year from jax to the north pole will take 16520 years so I guess I'll l leave the problem for my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grand kids worry about... if I had kids

Distance from Jacksonville to Northpole provided by http://www.wolframalpha.com/
    a very neat place to experiment with data searches and calculations.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    a quarter mile a year? In which direction. If it is AGW then I guess the equator creatures are headed north. What happens when everything and everybody arrive at the north pole? At a quarter of a mile a year from jax to the north pole will take 16520 years so I guess I'll l leave the problem for my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grand kids worry about... if I had kids

Distance from Jacksonville to Northpole provided by http://www.wolframalpha.com/
    a very neat place to experiment with data searches and calculations.
    Sadly, we won't live long enough to watch the epic battle between the polar bears and the giant sloths. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Sadly, we won't live long enough to watch the epic battle between the polar bears and the giant sloths. :(
    Giant sloths were herbies, why would they fight with polar bears? They live in different climates too!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Anything is possible. When I use to drink I experienced something called "Time Travel". One moment I was sitting in the bar with friends and then BAM! I found my myself in bed and it was the next afternoon. My car generally didn't make the journey because I had to call a taxi to go back and get it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Giant sloths were herbies, why would they fight with polar bears? They live in different climates too!
    Not once SF Gate gets them headed to the Arctic! By the time the Giant Sloths arrive, the polar bears will reduced to eating zone 6 weeds since the ice will all be gone and the evil Japanese will have gobbled up all the seals.

The bears and the sloths will attack each other in no-holds-barred cage matches until in the end.......

There Can Be Only One.

:p

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Never pictured sloths looking like this...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot