Thread: "Baucus is Drunker Than a Skunk On The Senate Floor"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Baucus is Drunker Than a Skunk On The Senate Floor" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Senator Max Baucus Drunk / Intoxicated on Senate Floor - Shouts Down Wicker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Y9X5ggxzA&sns=fb
    Baucus is drunker than a skunk, but I'm just as upset as him railing on the Republicans not being "Bi-Partisan" on healthcare. Other than that, funny (and sad sad sad) stuff.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2415423/posts
    Last edited by megimoo; 12-26-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Banned
    I do not understand why another Senator did not interrupt him and accuse him of being drunk. That what pisses me off about Repubs; they have no backbone and do not want to insult one of their Dummy frat brothers.

He knows that the Dems are going up in flames come November, he just wishes that a few Rebups would join in the fire...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I do not understand why another Senator did not interrupt him and accuse him of being drunk. That what pisses me off about Repubs; they have no backbone and do not want to insult one of their Dummy frat brothers.
    Agreed...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

You don't interrupt a 'Brother Senator' Even when he is making an ass of himself unless you're an low class ass yourself like Frankin.

Kennedy did this kind of thing for years especially after a 'liquid lunch' and a waitress' sandwich with his drinking buddy Senator Dodd !

"He probably knows that he is 'dead meat' and I suspect That he will announce his retirement soon ?
    "

I can't remember who said this but I heard once heard something like this, when you enemy is destroying himself the best thing to do is to let him.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    You don't interrupt a 'Brother Senator' Even when he is making an ass of himself unless you're an low class ass yourself like Frankin.

Kennedy did this kind of thing for years especially after a 'liquid lunch' and a waitress' sandwich with his drinking buddy Senator Dodd !

"He probably knows that he is 'dead meat' and I suspect That he will announce his retirement soon ?
    "
    I am talking about permission to speak or a point of order which is within the rules. Not just barging in like a bull in a China closet.

If he does run, his opponent should run this video with the caption "we can be glad that the good Senator did not hit anything if he drove home".

8. #8 Baucus: Was He Drunk, Or Is He Stupid? 
    This video of Democratic Senator Max Baucus during the debate on the Democrats' health care takeover is all over the web. Most observers say that Baucus was drunk. We report, you decide:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Y9X...layer_embedded
    snip
    What is most interesting to me is how close he comes to articulating the Democrats' real complaint against Republican Senators: they are traitors to their class, i.e., the political class.

The Democrats' health care takeover will hurt the American people but vastly expand the power of the political class.

Hence Baucus's outrage at Republicans who voted based on "political considerations," which is to say, they sided with the people against their would-be masters.

In Vino Veritas!......."In Wine There Is Truth !"

Power CUer

when an opponent is hanging himself, you give them rope, not take it away

And miss out on video like this?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.