Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have no qualms about any technique the military or intelligence community want to use - to gain information, or even just so they have something to do (aka "training"). What I do have a major problem with is the publicity of such practices. Filming such things - other than in an official capacity, as in the case of trophies to show your buddies back home: Stupid.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The prisoner can quit any time that he wants to. He just has to spill what he knows. The critical issue is why we're using the technique. Remember that a lot of the liberals who are apalled by waterboarding terrorists would have no problem if Karl Rove or Dick Cheney were strapped down.
    Actually, the prisoner can NOT quit when he wants. What if the interogator doesn't believe him? What if they think there is more? Sorry, doesn't float.

But I'll help with the single malt scotch ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    Tried?? :eek: What are you smoking? I want him given the Congressional Medal of Honor.
    I quit smoking years ago :D

As for the CMH, OK with me. But after the hearing to determine if he acted in accordance with military procedure and in the best interests of the USA.

Sometimes you need to have the hearing just to prove the SYSTEM is working as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    How can it not be torture? So it isn't as bad as other forms of torture, you're still being drowned.
    The technique applied isn't actual drowning. It's the feeling of drowning, the person is in no actual danger of being drowned. No water actually flows into the lungs, merely over the face. Trust me, it FEELS like you're going to drown and die. It's very scary. But you're not in real danger of death, at least if it's applied properly.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    Actually, the prisoner can NOT quit when he wants. What if the interogator doesn't believe him? What if they think there is more? Sorry, doesn't float.
    But I'll help with the single malt scotch ;)
    I prefer Glenfiddich, the 18-year-old is the best. Drop me a PM for the mailing address. :D

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    The technique applied isn't actual drowning. It's the feeling of drowning, the person is in no actual danger of being drowned. No water actually flows into the lungs, merely over the face. Trust me, it FEELS like you're going to drown and die. It's very scary. But you're not in real danger of death, at least if it's applied properly.
    It's certainly a psychological torture, but so is sitting through most reality shows, and nobody calls the ACLU over Wife Swap.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Hell just put em in a small room, play that damned Barney song over and over...Pretty soon anyone would tell ya anything ya want to know...
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Hell just put em in a small room, play that damned Barney song over and over...Pretty soon anyone would tell ya anything ya want to know...
    That's if they haven't lost their sanity before so.

Now that is cruel and unusual torture. ow would you like it if they did it to our guys :D

Isn't that one of the "torture techniques" that has drawn criticism?
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Isn't that one of the "torture techniques" that has drawn criticism?
    Really???:D
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...