Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Candidates Face An Ultimatum: Kill Obamacare, or else ..." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Tea-party leaders are delivering a bold ultimatum to all congressional candidates in 2010: Pledge to repeal the health-care reform bill in its entirety if it passes – or you will be booted from office.

FreedomWorks Press Secretary Adam Brandon told WND the message couldn't be any clearer. Asked whether he believes the tea party movement will seek to oust politicians who refuse to repeal the legislation, he emphatically declared, "Absolutely."

Max Pappas, vice president of FreedomWorks, echoed Brandon's statements in an interview with Gary Sargent, Washington blogger for the Plum Line, this week."This has an unusual ability to be repealed, and the public is on that side." he said. "The Republicans are going to have to prove that they are worthy of their votes."

Both Brandon and Pappas emphasized that Congress must try to repeal the whole bill if it passes.

Brandon said most people are opposed to the bill's requirement that citizens pay a fine if they don't maintain insurance for themselves and their families. Under the current bills, the government will also collect taxes for 10 years, but only pay out benefits for the last six years. As WND reported, majority Democrats in the U.S. Senate have inserted in the fine print a provision that it would take a supermajority of 67 votes in the Senate for future legislative bodies to even consider amendments to its provisions for "death panels."

Other serious concerns about the current legislation include possible health-care rationing, denial of treatment, substantial cost increases and stifling of medical innovation.

Also, the Senate bill provides that Medicare fees for doctors would be cut by 20 percent beginning in 2011, but the Heritage Foundation notes, "Nobody believes these cuts will be allowed to happen." If the cuts don't take place, it would result in an added $196 billion to the deficit in the first 10 years and $765 billion in the following one, according to Congressional Budget Office calculations.

As WND reported, FreedomWorks is partnering with the American Liberty Alliance and several other groups to launch a massive Tax Day tea party at the White House Ellipse on April 15, 2010.

"We're delivering this one right to the White House," Brandon said. "It could spill out over into the Washington Monument, so it'll be a hell of a visual."

Brandon said FreedomWorks has been told "legislative entrepreneurs" are already planning a Senate bill calling for repeal of the health-care legislation, should it pass.

"That means there will be something we can start to rally around in 2010," he said. "We're going to remind them every step of the way that this bill was a real stinker."

He said Democrats plan to tell the electorate this year: "We said we were going to do this, and we did it."

"They passed a terrible bill. Not only was it a terrible bill, but it was a disgusting process to watch," Brandon said. "It was almost like they were playing mafia with taxpayer dollars."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=120428

2. #2 Health Care 
    The Democrats are clueless. They don't know how to fix the problem and therefore their only solution is to "own health care" through a single payer government system? Where is the tort reform? Where is the busting of insurance and drug companies monopolies? Where are the technical standards for diagnosis and treatment? Why 500 billion in cuts to medicare? Where is the restriction on tax payer monies being used for the treatment of illegal immigrants? This reform bill should require hospitals to provide health care pro-bono to illegal immigrants. You stabilize them and then turn them over to authorities for processing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Independent-Rich View Post
    The Democrats are clueless. They don't know how to fix the problem and therefore their only solution is to "own health care" through a single payer government system? Where is the tort reform? Where is the busting of insurance and drug companies monopolies? Where are the technical standards for diagnosis and treatment? Why 500 billion in cuts to medicare? Where is the restriction on tax payer monies being used for the treatment of illegal immigrants? This reform bill should require hospitals to provide health care pro-bono to illegal immigrants. You stabilize them and then turn them over to authorities for processing.
    Why should they pass ANYTHING regarding healthcare? Leave the system the way it is and just tweak it so that illegal aliens have no access to it. There is a national healthcare system in place in Mexico, they can go and use that if they want healthcare so badly.

But I say again, why is it upon Congress to do anything at all to fix healthcare? What makes anyone think that Congress can up with better than free market solutions. Because they fixed the housing market? Yeah, they fixed it but good. Because they saved the automobile industry? Oh yeah, it's all coming up roses for them since they got involved.

Congress should meet a couple of times a year, pass a budget for the mail, military and interstate highways and go home. We would be all the better for it.

They could care less about better health care. This is about having complete control over you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They could care less about better health care. This is about having complete control over you.
    They only control those that do their bidding. I will not. And my will is backed up with a lot of guns and a lot of ammo. I am saying it right now. I am not paying for healthcare unless I want to and I probably will not want to no one is going to make me. No one is going to make me pay a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    They only control those that do their bidding. I will not. And my will is backed up with a lot of guns and a lot of ammo. I am saying it right now. I am not paying for healthcare unless I want to and I probably will not want to no one is going to make me. No one is going to make me pay a fine.
    I got alot of guns and ammo........ and a family. I guess I'll vote !

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I got alot of guns and ammo........ and a family. I guess I'll vote !
    Thank God, the founding fathers were all bachelors, unemcumbered by family and other stuff. :D I'd subject my family to the hardships of revolution, but I would never subject them to a life under tyranny.

Thank God, the founding fathers were all bachelors, unemcumbered by family and other stuff. :D I'd subject my family to the hardships of revolution, but I would never subject them to a life under tyranny.
    I kinda live in a neighborhood, they know I'm armed but sittin on the roof and picking off the meter reader probably wont do it!! So me and my family will vote to make a change. If that dont work I'm moving south! :D

Banned
    I live about a mile out of town. It is 287 yards from my front porch to the front gate. My neighbor to the north, toward town lives about 500 yards away. The neighbor to the south of my place lives about 600 yards away. It is not a rare thing to hear gun shots out here as coyotes, bobcats, cougars and all manner of critters raid our property for goats, chickens, ex-wives (that's my story and I am sticking to it). My neighbor, Swoot, to the north is an odd case. If you hear his rifle it is critters. If you hear a .44 S&W it is because his wife and him got into an arguement and she is shooting at him. Swoot will run behind oak and pecan trees or the side of his barn and mock Mrs. Swoot. "Shoot straight, you crosseyed Bitch!" At which time Mrs. Swoot will fire where he is hiding. "You missed me, you Cow!" And it goes on until the .44 is empty. When it is she quits, "Fuck you, Swoot! I'll get you next time!" I don't know if she is shooting to hit him or not, she is a fair shot with a rifle though I have never seen her shoot a handgun unless she is shooting at Swoot. When she is shooting at him, she is drunk off of her ass.

I live about a mile out of town. It is 287 yards from my front porch to the front gate. My neighbor to the north, toward town lives about 500 yards away. The neighbor to the south of my place lives about 600 yards away. It is not a rare thing to hear gun shots out here as coyotes, bobcats, cougars and all manner of critters raid our property for goats, chickens, ex-wives (that's my story and I am sticking to it). My neighbor, Swoot, to the north is an odd case. If you hear his rifle it is critters. If you hear a .44 S&W it is because his wife and him got into an arguement and she is shooting at him. Swoot will run behind oak and pecan trees or the side of his barn and mock Mrs. Swoot. "Shoot straight, you crosseyed Bitch!" At which time Mrs. Swoot will fire where he is hiding. "You missed me, you Cow!" And it goes on until the .44 is empty. When it is she quits, "Fuck you, Swoot! I'll get you next time!" I don't know if she is shooting to hit him or not, she is a fair shot with a rifle though I have never seen her shoot a handgun unless she is shooting at Swoot. When she is shooting at him, she is drunk off of her ass.
    So you and Mrs. Swoot got us covered!

Just hit the voting booth.