Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I Ask CU For A Favor - OPERATIONMINDCRIME Here. 
    Hey all. I want to ask the CU mods for a favor: I ask that you not delete this thread etc.

I ask that because I'm not one of you. Those who know of me know I'm a firm Dem, but try to be a reasonable one. But in the end of it all politically, those here and I probably agree on extremely little when it comes to politics since we're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Regardless of that though, you were all very gracious to me when my wife passed away and I'll never forget that.

Having that said; I did want to clear something up that I just found out. Though I had called the fraudulent coward out on it in the past here (my one previous post here),it seems that he posted yet again under the name 'OMC' while pretending to be me. He bragged about being TS'd from DU and how he had them going for so long etc.

The reason I'm posting now, and in response, is because I cannot allow that to stand. Many here took the post as really being from me. What hurts more is that so many on DU also took it as having really been me.

I graciously asked the mods to not delete this above out of fear they might, due to this message being as much for the members of DU (who hopefully will read it) as it is for you all. Since you (mods included) have been gracious to me in the past, I'm hoping you will be now as well (and have faith you will).

See, much like it meant the world to me the support you all gave me back when my wife passed away; it also meant the world to me the support many DU members had given me at the time. I would NEVER have made it through the toughest time of my life without the support I had been given. I will never forget DU for that, nor those here who opened their hearts to me and gave prayers as well.

By this impostor posing as me and implying I had been a troll all those years and in heart a right winger while bragging about it all, it called into question all that I was; including whether or not my family had endured the hardship of losing Stacey. Well that was a blow to the gut. First off, I don't believe how many there actually believed the poster here was me and then even believed that I was sick enough to pull off such a twisted thing as faking the death of my wife. I was shocked to read how many think that way of me now. I may have been blunt there, sarcastic, impossible to argue with, and heaven knows one hell of a prick at times; but to be that f'd up to do that? Unreal.

But regardless of how insane I consider it that someone would believe I faked that, it still really hurts that all that I am has been called into question; including by some people who I spoke to personally and cared about. Some here may also wonder if it had been real etc.

I want to set the record straight... I NEED to set the record straight. Finding out about this yesterday and googling this morning made me sick to my stomach. So please, allow me to speak the following truths:

I am not nor ever have been a freeper or RW troll. I don't think that surprises many here since I'm pretty sure most of you know that though you may have laughed or appreciated many of my comments on DU over the years, that I was in fact a strong Dem.

I am not the poster named 'OMC' here. I've said that in the past and I believe the mods confirmed it. I had challenged an IP address recall which they obliged. I believe his was in canada or something, and mine was in Morris County NJ just as it should've been.

I did lose my wife in a traumatic and abrupt fashion. Every emotion I laid out there was real. Every post I made about it was real. Every bit of thanks and love I gave them for it, and gave you all for it, was real. I will never forget that. I would've been lost without the overwhelming support I received.

I never posted on DU with intent of 'trolling'. That may disappoint some here, but I'm just being honest. The reason I had the persona I had there was because I always felt that if I was Skinner, I would want someone with a strong voice that would step in here and there to call out the stupid shit; since he couldn't himself. That was what started me being like that. Did I enjoy the attention you guys gave me for it? Of course. But did I post for that reason? No. I posted as a Dem, trying to add a voice of reason to what I considered at times to be insane or unrealistic ideals or just plain stupidity. There is one noted exception though; and that was the 'thank god it passed' thread. Admittedly, that was solely posted to piss some people there off since I had gotten so sick of seeing a gazillion threads whining and complaining about the same thing. So I posted that and laughed my ass off seeing them in a tizzy. That was the only time I can recall purposely 'stirring the hive'. The rest of the times was simply out of feeling like if Skinner could post his honest feelings, he'd post something similar. Personally, I think that's why I lasted as long as I did. I think it's because most of my comments Skinner agreed with or would laugh at, or he'd wish he could say himself.

I digress. Anyway, I'm getting off track. I just want to set the record straight that the poster here named 'OMC' is not in any way shape or form me. I would ask that he be banned for fraud, but I don't know the rules here nor have any standing to request such. Might as well ask though lol (and it's probably a DU'er who didn't like me, so they probably shouldn't have an account here anyway). Politics is nasty; but politics is politics. At the end of the day, no matter how nasty we can be online or how much disagreement there is; we're all people. I'm a person as real as anyone else. It hurt tremendously to see all that I am called into question, especially something like the death of my wife. I am forever in debt to those who gave me strength and support regardless of political ideals, and I need you, them, whomever, to know that all of it was real.

Thank you for bearing with this and a happy new year to you all,

Jeremy

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    It won't be deleted. Unlike your old home, posts RARELY get deleted here.

Welcome again, OMC.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Damn, a (former) DUer with some civility...:eek:

I'm sorry your persona was hi-jacked and you were made into something you're not. Welcome to CU, I look foward to some good debates with you...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Welcome aboard. Please don't color your reputation here by assuming that we are ANYTHING like that other site you post in. You will be treated fairly (not neccessarily "equal") here if you stick to the rules. The problem with most liberals here is there inability or outright refusal to answer direct questions. The "swoop and poop" technique they employ usually results in an eventual banning. The ban is because of disruption and not honest debate.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I find it a shame that you had to ask so many times for the thread to remain. As Ralph pointed out, we do not do such things here OMC. Most of us welcome open discourse with those on the other side of the aisle. Don't worry, you and your posts are welcome here, and I hope we see more of them.

BSR
    Good to see you OMC, I hope you and your children are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Good to see you OMC, I hope you and your children are doing well.
    Are you the real BSR? We haven't heard from you in awhile.

Sonnabend
    As has been pointed out, oh ye of cutting wisdom (DAMN I admire your style), we rarely if EVER delete threads.

Posts can be self deleted, mods do this on rare occasions or where it is redundant (dupes etc...)

Bans are rare as hell, and when they happen it is for good reason.

As a husband and a carer, friom me personally, I also wish to extend my condolences and deep respect. I do not know how you made it through this in one piece...had that been me, I very much doubt I'd be in any fit state for months to come.

Losing the one I love more than any other, is a nightmare I pray I will not have to face for many years...you're a far braver man than I. Your strength was, and is, an example for me to push forward, regardless.

Welcome.

OK. Since this was directed at mods, and speaking for myself, we could probably do with some more bona fides here. So feel free to PM Sarasota (he's the boss here).

If it really is you, and I hope it is, then I hope you'll stick around. Some of us have a lot of time for the former DU poster known as OMC ... even though he comes from a fucked up site like DU.

If it really is you, then welcome to the club.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    OK. Since this was directed at mods, and speaking for myself, we could probably do with some more bona fides here. So feel free to PM Sarasota (he's the boss here).

If it really is you, and I hope it is, then I hope you'll stick around. Some of us have a lot of time for the former DU poster known as OMC ... even though he comes from a fucked up site like DU.

If it really is you, then welcome to the club.

Thanks so much for that. And yeah, it's me in all my fucked up glory lol.