Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    No its not. You can tell I'm a puppet because I'm being nice...
    That's what I thought, hacked his account didn't you. BSR was a giant among men!

I have one question for you OMC, how did you manage to post as much as you did that ran counter to the hive mind and not get tombstoned when no one else manages more that a couple of posts before a pizza is ordered? Inquiring mods want to know.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

OMC, I know we disagree on much, but probably agree on more than you realize. Disagreeing without being disagreeable is fine with many here. The problem with the du, isn't that they have different opionions--(duhhh, conservative vs. liberal, any surprise there?) -- the problem with the site is the prevalent attitude that hovers just below the surface. It seems something about liberals makes them feel threatened when disagreed with. It's almost as if they aren't sure enough about their convictions to tolerate any dissent or debate. Of course, I don't ascribe this attitude to all the members, but just the forceful, vocal majority.

I'd have no problem discussing politics, or anything philosophical, spiritual, etc. with someone on your side. And if we disagreed, I don't think I'd feel motivated to either ridicule you, hurl insults or profanity, or in anyway hinder your voice or ability to express yourself, just because of that disagreement. Unfortunately, that isn't a character trait that thrives over there.

I did admire your courage to stand by your convictions, to call bs when you read it, to fight against the hive, even though that's like swimming against class 4 rapids on that site. I knew that other poster was not really you. I knew that you were indeed a democrat, and I'm sorry you lost your posting priveleges at a place where it was obvious you enjoyed hanging out. Hopefully you will find a more tolerant place that shares your view.

One last thing. I saw some of your posts during the election.
    I'd be interested to hear what your opinion is of President Obama's performance up to this point.
    Last edited by Lager; 12-30-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Hello. Welcome.

I don't read DU that much but I've heard of you here. Good posting.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    OMC, I know we disagree on much, but probably agree on more than you realize. Disagreeing without being disagreeable is fine with many here. The problem with the du, isn't that they have different opionions--(duhhh, conservative vs. liberal, any surprise there?) -- the problem with the site is the prevalent attitude that hovers just below the surface. It seems something about liberals makes them feel threatened when disagreed with. It's almost as if they aren't sure enough about their convictions to tolerate any dissent or debate. Of course, I don't ascribe this attitude to all the members, but just the forceful, vocal majority.

I'd have no problem discussing politics, or anything philosophical, spiritual, etc. with someone on your side. And if we disagreed, I don't think I'd feel motivated to either ridicule you, hurl insults or profanity, or in anyway hinder your voice or ability to express yourself, just because of that disagreement. Unfortunately, that isn't a character trait that thrives over there.

I did admire your courage to stand by your convictions, to call bs when you read it, to fight against the hive, even though that's like swimming against class 4 rapids on that site. I knew that other poster was not really you. I knew that you were indeed a democrat, and I'm sorry you lost your posting priveleges at a place where it was obvious you enjoyed hanging out. Hopefully you will find a more tolerant place that shares your view.

One last thing. I saw some of your posts during the election.
    I'd be interested to hear what your opinion is of President Obama's performance up to this point.
    That's a good post, a really good post. It gets right to the point. It defines CU, for me.

OMC, nobody is asking you to betray your beliefs here. Say what you think, say what you believe, especially in response to the last question.

We might be asking you to go beyond your comfort zone here. I don't think we are. I hope not, but give it your best shot. We would like to know what you think.

CU is a debating site. We don't always live up to this lofty ideal, but we try, and we rarely ban or censor. We are not the politest people in the known universe, but we won't cut you off, I promise you that.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    That's a good post, a really good post. It gets right to the point. It defines CU, for me.

OMC, nobody is asking you to betray your beliefs here. Say what you think, say what you believe, especially in response to the last question.

We might be asking you to go beyond your comfort zone here. I don't think we are. I hope not, but give it your best shot. We would like to know what you think.

CU is a debating site. We don't always live up to this lofty ideal, but we try, and we rarely ban or censor. We are not the politest people in the known universe, but we won't cut you off, I promise you that.
    Don't make excuses for us.Libs are always wrong/bad! Some of us devolve into posting pictures! I won't name names!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Too funny Pat. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THEREALOMC View Post
    Hey all. I want to ask the CU mods for a favor: I ask that you not delete this thread etc.

I ask that because I'm not one of you. Those who know of me know I'm a firm Dem, but try to be a reasonable one. But in the end of it all politically, those here and I probably agree on extremely little when it comes to politics since we're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Regardless of that though, you were all very gracious to me when my wife passed away and I'll never forget that.

Having that said; I did want to clear something up that I just found out. Though I had called the fraudulent coward out on it in the past here (my one previous post here),it seems that he posted yet again under the name 'OMC' while pretending to be me. He bragged about being TS'd from DU and how he had them going for so long etc.

The reason I'm posting now, and in response, is because I cannot allow that to stand. Many here took the post as really being from me. What hurts more is that so many on DU also took it as having really been me.

I graciously asked the mods to not delete this above out of fear they might, due to this message being as much for the members of DU (who hopefully will read it) as it is for you all. Since you (mods included) have been gracious to me in the past, I'm hoping you will be now as well (and have faith you will).

See, much like it meant the world to me the support you all gave me back when my wife passed away; it also meant the world to me the support many DU members had given me at the time. I would NEVER have made it through the toughest time of my life without the support I had been given. I will never forget DU for that, nor those here who opened their hearts to me and gave prayers as well.

By this impostor posing as me and implying I had been a troll all those years and in heart a right winger while bragging about it all, it called into question all that I was; including whether or not my family had endured the hardship of losing Stacey. Well that was a blow to the gut. First off, I don't believe how many there actually believed the poster here was me and then even believed that I was sick enough to pull off such a twisted thing as faking the death of my wife. I was shocked to read how many think that way of me now. I may have been blunt there, sarcastic, impossible to argue with, and heaven knows one hell of a prick at times; but to be that f'd up to do that? Unreal.

But regardless of how insane I consider it that someone would believe I faked that, it still really hurts that all that I am has been called into question; including by some people who I spoke to personally and cared about. Some here may also wonder if it had been real etc.

I want to set the record straight... I NEED to set the record straight. Finding out about this yesterday and googling this morning made me sick to my stomach. So please, allow me to speak the following truths:

I am not nor ever have been a freeper or RW troll. I don't think that surprises many here since I'm pretty sure most of you know that though you may have laughed or appreciated many of my comments on DU over the years, that I was in fact a strong Dem.

I am not the poster named 'OMC' here. I've said that in the past and I believe the mods confirmed it. I had challenged an IP address recall which they obliged. I believe his was in canada or something, and mine was in Morris County NJ just as it should've been.

I did lose my wife in a traumatic and abrupt fashion. Every emotion I laid out there was real. Every post I made about it was real. Every bit of thanks and love I gave them for it, and gave you all for it, was real. I will never forget that. I would've been lost without the overwhelming support I received.

I never posted on DU with intent of 'trolling'. That may disappoint some here, but I'm just being honest. The reason I had the persona I had there was because I always felt that if I was Skinner, I would want someone with a strong voice that would step in here and there to call out the stupid shit; since he couldn't himself. That was what started me being like that. Did I enjoy the attention you guys gave me for it? Of course. But did I post for that reason? No. I posted as a Dem, trying to add a voice of reason to what I considered at times to be insane or unrealistic ideals or just plain stupidity. There is one noted exception though; and that was the 'thank god it passed' thread. Admittedly, that was solely posted to piss some people there off since I had gotten so sick of seeing a gazillion threads whining and complaining about the same thing. So I posted that and laughed my ass off seeing them in a tizzy. That was the only time I can recall purposely 'stirring the hive'. The rest of the times was simply out of feeling like if Skinner could post his honest feelings, he'd post something similar. Personally, I think that's why I lasted as long as I did. I think it's because most of my comments Skinner agreed with or would laugh at, or he'd wish he could say himself.

I digress. Anyway, I'm getting off track. I just want to set the record straight that the poster here named 'OMC' is not in any way shape or form me. I would ask that he be banned for fraud, but I don't know the rules here nor have any standing to request such. Might as well ask though lol (and it's probably a DU'er who didn't like me, so they probably shouldn't have an account here anyway). Politics is nasty; but politics is politics. At the end of the day, no matter how nasty we can be online or how much disagreement there is; we're all people. I'm a person as real as anyone else. It hurt tremendously to see all that I am called into question, especially something like the death of my wife. I am forever in debt to those who gave me strength and support regardless of political ideals, and I need you, them, whomever, to know that all of it was real.

Thank you for bearing with this and a happy new year to you all,

Jeremy

Not delete it?????? I think we can do better than that! I'll "stick" this so that it stays at the top of the forums for a bit.

Jeremy, thank you for fighting the good fight in the face of partisan silliness. Both right and left. :D

I'm glad that the supportive posts here and there brought you some comfort in the midst of your loss. Too many of us could imagine all too well what we would be feeling in your place and our hearts and prayers went out to you. It was obvious that Stacy meant the world to you and your kids and FWIW it's comforting that you have managed to find a way to live in some happiness and comfort in the new world her passing created.

When my Dad died I was reminded of a quotation; "We know that he is in God's hands now, but Lord we wish he were still in ours for a while"

May the coming New Year treat you and yours gently.
    Que no hayan novedades. (May no new thing arise.)

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Jeremy, thank you for fighting the good fight in the face of partisan silliness. Both right and left. :D

I'm glad that the supportive posts here and there brought you some comfort in the midst of your loss. Too many of us could imagine all too well what we would be feeling in your place and our hearts and prayers went out to you. It was obvious that Stacy meant the world to you and your kids and FWIW it's comforting that you have managed to find a way to live in some happiness and comfort in the new world her passing created.

When my Dad died I was reminded of a quotation; "We know that he is in God's hands now, but Lord we wish he were still in ours for a while"

May the coming New Year treat you and yours gently.
    Que no hayan novedades. (May no new thing arise.)
    Happy New Year! I tell you what, don't spill your guts on an internet board. You got friends from that board, thats fine, thats what PM's are for. But when you put it out there, so to say, the freaks come out! Private shit should stay private.
    And on that note, 2010 better be better than 2009 or I'll start bitchin and moanin!!!:D

Happy New Year!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.