Thread: Google chrome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Google chrome 
    http://www.google.com/chrome
    I am sure everyone knows about this browser but it is new to me. I'll play with it for awhile along side Opera 10.10 which is my regular browser. Google chrome has been out 9 months and they have just released a google chrome operating system that for now will be aimed at mostly netbooks.

I stumbled across the browser a while back. There is a portable version that I've been using since my portable firefox has been running slow as molasses and having trouble knowing that yes, flash is installed on this computer Anyway, I like the portable version, the only thing it seems to lack is extensions. Get some good IP recorders and media recorders and Chrome will rock.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I'm downloading the operating system right now to tinker with.

The operating system is very beta, not ready for prime time. I gave up after awhile and loaded sun solaris 64 bit on vm instead. I'll fiddle with chrome a little more later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    http://www.google.com/chrome
    I am sure everyone knows about this browser but it is new to me. I'll play with it for awhile along side Opera 10.10 which is my regular browser. Google chrome has been out 9 months and they have just released a google chrome operating system that for now will be aimed at mostly netbooks.
    I'm not interested in any browser that doesn't support adblock or have something similar.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'm not interested in any browser that doesn't support adblock or have something similar.
    I haven't used the browser much it's the operating system I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I haven't used the browser much it's the operating system I'm interested in.
    The OS is based on the browser. The whole concept is that it does away with the traditional OS and focus only on the internet and accessing it via Chrome (browser). So, being interested in the OS is to be interested in the browser as they are one in the same.

The OS offers very little outside of quick access to the browser. You can't run Word, IE, or applications you've downloaded from the internet. All applications are accessed via the internet and the browser.

It is of very little interest to me. I've been using Chrome for a while now and the browser is bland. I much prefer Firefox with all of its amazing add-ons.

It's great that Google wants in on the browser market... I mean, we've only had Mosaic, Netscape, IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Mozilla, Konqueror, Galeon, Amaya, Camino, and now Chrome. I'm sure I missed a few.

I'll stick with Firefox until something better comes along... unfortunately Chrome isn't it at the moment.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    The OS is based on the browser. The whole concept is that it does away with the traditional OS and focus only on the internet and accessing it via Chrome (browser). So, being interested in the OS is to be interested in the browser as they are one in the same.

The OS offers very little outside of quick access to the browser. You can't run Word, IE, or applications you've downloaded from the internet. All applications are accessed via the internet and the browser.

It is of very little interest to me. I've been using Chrome for a while now and the browser is bland. I much prefer Firefox with all of its amazing add-ons.

It's great that Google wants in on the browser market... I mean, we've only had Mosaic, Netscape, IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Mozilla, Konqueror, Galeon, Amaya, Camino, and now Chrome. I'm sure I missed a few.

I'll stick with Firefox until something better comes along... unfortunately Chrome isn't it at the moment.
    Personally i prefer opera. i pick up a lot of old p3 and p4 computers for nothing and give them to people i know that don't have computers. Most of the time they don't have restore disks and I don't like to buy operating systems. Linux is hard to teach to a lot of people.i'm just hoping this will be a good operating system for limited use Internet computers. from what I've heard it doesn't take much resources to run it. ive got a 2003 hp model that i would like to give to a guy next week that pawned his computer to pay rent a couple months back but this thing is in beta yet and really isn't ready. I'll probably put a bootleg copy of 98 on it.

Sonnabend
    I tried Chrome, truth be told its another "me too"..Firefox works better for me.

Chrome is the biggest piece of spyware to ever hit the internet.

If you don't mind thousands of Google computers keeping track of your every keystroke, have fun with it.

rm -rf obama*