Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Coffee Thread!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I don't know about the rest of you but I love a good mug or 10 of coffee in
    da morning!!! Especially on the weekends!!! :D

Now during the last 3 months or so I have been enjoying fresh brewed and fresh ground coffee (only on the weekends for fresh ground) via a coffee grinder SLW picked up for me. She hates coffee so this is strictly a guy thing here.

Costco has a pretty damn good selection of fresh coffee beans and I've gone thru
    2 three pound bags so far. I picked up this latest one today...

Looking forward to trying this one out tomorrow morning.

Costco also had 1lb bags of Jamaican Blue Mountain beans but I've had them before and I think it's over rated.

Who else grinds their own coffee???
    May the FORCE be with you!

I buy my beans in 20# sacks from these guys. You get it right from the port roasted before shipment. I like mocha Java, new Guinea, peaberry, and kenyan.
    http://www.coffeebeandirect.com/inde...4bcb5773d3194b

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Isn't the Sumatra stuff that kind that is actually picked out of some animal's poop? :eek:
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    Isn't the Sumatra stuff that kind that is actually picked out of some animal's poop? :eek:
    I don't think so lurky. That was cheech and chong when they smoked the Labrador weed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't think so lurky. That was cheech and chong when they smoked the Labrador weed!
    I know I've heard that word somewhere...Karma Sumatra? Where? Oh it so sucks to have alzheimers as such a young age as I :mad:

Actually I don't go for any fancy coffee. I did the grinder and the beans for awhile, but found myself chewing on instant coffee crystals while waiting for the grinding, seeping and filtering process... forget it..throw some folgers in the pot, turn it on, let the dog out and go suck down a few dozen cups before I get to work!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    I think this is what you are referring to

The most expensive coffee in the world does not hail from Jamaica or Hawaii, but instead from Indonesia.
    Kopi Luwak the most expensive coffee in the world does exist, and those who drink the expensive coffee insist that it is made from coffee beans eaten, partly digested and then excreted by the Common palm civet, a weasel-like animal.
    “Kopi” the Indonesian word for coffee along with “luwak” is local name of this animal which eats the raw red coffee beans. The civet digests the soft outer part of the coffee cherry, but does not digest the inner beans and excretes them

Apparently the internal digestion ends up adds a unique flavor to the beans, removing the bitter flavor, and then beans are then picked up by locals and sold. The most expensive coffee beans can cost up to $600 a pound, and up to $50 per cup, if you can get over the fact that you are drinking such a strange brew.
    You would know if you drank the most expensive coffee in the world, because the quantities of it are tiny amounts.
    I have had this coffee once. It is good but not that good.

Poop coffee link here

I buy coffee from Hawaii which I believe is the best coffee on the planet. I avoid the Hawaiian blends because there so little Hawaiian coffee in them. I buy from Hawaii because the prices are better. If you get it from a mainland shop it will be pretty pricey

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I'm sure badcat will have some input here, he being our resident expert on coffee.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

Poop coffee link here

I buy coffee from Hawaii which I believe is the best coffee on the planet. I avoid the Hawaiian blends because there so little Hawaiian coffee in them. I buy from Hawaii because the prices are better. If you get it from a mainland shop it will be pretty pricey
    No shit!

I'm sure badcat will have some input here, he being our resident expert on coffee.
    Bad Cat buys his beans grean and roasts them himself. he gets his raw beans here.
    http://www.sweetmarias.com/

Poop coffee link here

AH HA! I knew there was such a thing as poop coffee! I'm not as think as stupid as I am ya know!