1. #1 The US spends as much on it's military as all of the rest of the world combined 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmmie fails at math but is corrected.

panader0 (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-03-10 04:33 PM
    Original message The US spends as much on it's military as all of the rest of the world combined

Yep. (Nope.) More than China, Russia, England, France, Germany, and every other country combined. (I think the number was 49% of the world's military spending) Our escapades abroad are wrong. Wrong for the nations we invade/occupy. Wrong by setting up political leaders in the nations we invade/occupy. Wrong morally and according to international law. Wrong because the money we waste on these wrong wars prevents our country from domestic spending on health care, education, infrastructure and much, much more. It's not about terror. That's bullshit. It's about big money made by a select few, and as always, fueled by the lives of the poor. I had the pie chart (about military spending) bookmarked somewhere but can't find it.
    It's not about national security. We, as a nation would be MORE secure if we didn't try to control the world. The wars are making more enemies by the minute. I am ashamed of the US. Bring our soldiers home. Fix our problems with the enormous amount of money saved by peace.
    Now the DUer in question is corrected and admits the mistake, I've got no problem with that.

This threads pretty much come to a screeching halt but you can see how they jumped
    onto the "USA is Evil" bandwagon oh so very easily.

May the FORCE be with you!

Sonnabend
    Kaleva Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Jan-03-10 06:58 PM
    Response to Original message
    21. China has the world's largest number of troops under arms.

Almost twice as many troops as the US has.
    ..and you'll never hear DU accept this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    ..and you'll never hear DU accept this fact.
    Because they are all commies just like the Chinese leadership.

Once again Moonbats show their hate of the American military.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.