Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Historian: Lincoln gay claim a hoax 
    Historian: Lincoln gay claim a hoax

Published: Dec. 31, 2009 at 4:43 PM

NEW YORK, Dec. 31 (UPI) -- A prominent Abraham Lincoln historian in New York says an activist who claims the 16th president was gay admitted to him the story was fabricated.

Harold Holzer, who has written 35 books about Lincoln and the Civil War, said playwright and AIDS activist Larry Kramer admitted to him he fabricated his much-publicized claims that a diary and letters discovered in an old Lincoln home confirmed a homosexual relationship with his roommate, Joshua Speed, the New York Post reported Thursday.

"I had a private conversation with him (Kramer). He admitted to me that he made the whole thing up. He said he made it up to raise consciousness," Holzer, who was co-chairman of the Lincoln Bicentennial Commission this year, told the Post.

"That he is reviving this hoax is a little bizarre," Holzer said. "For half his life, Lincoln shared his bed with other guys. It was the custom. People didn't have so many beds."

The Post said Kramer, who also has claimed President George Washington, Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton, and explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were gay, couldn't be reached for comment.
    Practically everything these "activists" say is a lie.

UPI

Power CUer
    This is what happens when we look at history through today's eyes; you can't assess the past with today's norms - yet people do it all the time, because they don't know anything else.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Lincoln wasn't a homosexual. He was a flaming liberal faggot who abused his power like none since (so far), but I don't think he was a homosexual.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Lincoln wasn't a homosexual. He was a flaming liberal faggot who abused his power like none since (so far), but I don't think he was a homosexual.
    Jeez, stop bitchin' or WIN the next war. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This is what happens when we look at history through today's eyes; you can't assess the past with today's norms - yet people do it all the time, because they don't know anything else.
    Absolutely! You can't do that on sheerly practical issues (who slept with whom) let alone moral or ethical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Lincoln wasn't a homosexual. He was a great and noble man who expanded the role of the federal government like none since (so far), but I don't think he was a homosexual.

That better?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

That would mean the South got it's ass handed to it by a homo?

*runs like hell*

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    That would mean the South got it's ass handed to it by a homo?

*runs like hell*
    And the rest of the country handed their ass to a homo. Then again, y'all still do.;)

9. #9 Go 
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Jeez, stop bitchin' or WIN the next war. :p
    We plan on doing that.
    ________
    Fetish Xxx
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    We plan on doing that.
    Ah, yes, the "South is fixin' to rise" thing. Again. :p

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28559

"Oh, it'll happen, sure as the sun come up in the morning," said Buford Comstock, 26, a student at Over 'N' Back Diesel Driving School in Union City, TN. "The South is gonna rise up, just as soon as we get together and get all our shit back in one sock. Then, look out, Northerners!"
    Last edited by linda22003; 01-05-2010 at 09:18 AM.