1. #1 My country has gone insane. 
    Stoic (898 posts) Tue Jan-05-10 02:45 PM
    Original message
    My country has gone insane.
    Edited on Tue Jan-05-10 02:46 PM by Stoic
    thinkprogress.com

I'm not any kind of fan of Joan Rivers but I think we've finally seen the United States (and by proxy the rest of the "first" world) go completely off he deep end. Why don't we just ground all the planes? Then we'll finally be safe from the "terrorists".

from his link....
    Joan Rivers deemed a danger to national security, bumped off Costa Rica flight back to U.S.
    The New York Daily News reports that comedian Joan Rivers was among the many travelers to get snared in the heightened-security frenzy that overtook airports after the December 25th failed terrorist attack. Rivers wasn’t allowed on her Newark-bound flight in Costa Rica this past weekend by a “jittery Continental Airlines gate agent” who thought the two names on her passport, which reads “Joan Rosenberg AKA Joan Rivers,” seemed “fishy.”
    I tend to agree with Stoic on this, and most of the other posters make light of it too...until...
    damntexdem (1000+ posts) Tue Jan-05-10 03:41 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. Gone insane? When did it get sane? How long was it sane?
    Seems like we spent the last decade in the deep end, having already gone off.
    link
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Well jeeeze, I thought that Hope and Change administration elected was here to SAVE the Country and World..and make us and them all sane again.

LOL. Joan Rivers? Wow. Oh, and just to clue Stoic in, Rivers was stopped in Costa Rica not Newark so the craziness is with Costa Rica.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 01-05-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Maybe the plastic in her face set of a sensor or something.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    LOL. Joan Rivers? Wow. Oh, and just to clue Stoic in, Rivers was stopped in Costa Rica not Newark so the craziness is with Costa Rica.
    Following US guidelines for boarding a US bound flight... Nope it was the TSA again.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

I'm not so sure Joan is a recognizable celebrity outside of the US/english speaking regions. It's been a long time since she was Johnny's guest host, and even ET dropped her red-carpet Oscar coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Maybe the plastic in her face set of a sensor or something.
    Beat me to it. :D