1. #1 Chopstick Pierces Boy's Brain After Fall 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A young Chinese boy had to undergo brain surgery after he fell while playing and lodged a chopstick in his brain.

Slideshow | Video

CNN reported that Li Jingchao's mother, Zhao Guilu, said she was washing dishes in another room when she heard her son cry out.

"I rushed in and saw him lying on the ground. He couldn't stop crying ... and I noticed a chopstick stuck in his nose," she said.

A local doctor warned that removing the utensil could cause massive bleeding.

Because the family lives 1,000 miles from Beijing, they had to make a 10-hour drive to a hospital. When they arrived, the boy had a fever, was delirious and half his body was paralyzed.

During brain surgery, the chopstick came out, without causing major bleeding.

Neurosurgeon Dr. Sun Wei said the boy was lucky

http://www.4029tv.com/irresistible/22131447/detail.html

There was a woman in Michigan who fell off a balcony and onto a drum stick-the musical kind, not the poultry kind. She survived-good surgeons and smart paramedics on the scene can make all the difference in the world.

I always worry about something like this when I see my kid grab a pen or pencil and start running around.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There was a woman in Michigan who fell off a balcony and onto a drum stick-the musical kind, not the poultry kind. She survived-good surgeons and smart paramedics on the scene can make all the difference in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0PIdWdw15U
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.