A young Chinese boy had to undergo brain surgery after he fell while playing and lodged a chopstick in his brain.
Slideshow | Video
CNN reported that Li Jingchao's mother, Zhao Guilu, said she was washing dishes in another room when she heard her son cry out.
"I rushed in and saw him lying on the ground. He couldn't stop crying ... and I noticed a chopstick stuck in his nose," she said.
A local doctor warned that removing the utensil could cause massive bleeding.
Because the family lives 1,000 miles from Beijing, they had to make a 10-hour drive to a hospital. When they arrived, the boy had a fever, was delirious and half his body was paralyzed.
During brain surgery, the chopstick came out, without causing major bleeding.
Neurosurgeon Dr. Sun Wei said the boy was lucky