1. #1 At some point you just say you are done. And I am at that point. 
    Holy mother of pearl. His "X" is already living off the state and this idiot wants more.
    The Straight Story Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jan-06-10 02:32 AM
    Original message
    At some point you just say you are done. And I am at that point.

I spent several hours with my X today. She has 11 prescriptions, some of which she cannot get covered with her state insurance (which runs out at end of month). She is going to the hospital tomorrow, I asked her to promise me she would ask them to admit her and try to find out what is all wrong with her. She is coughing up blood, has two brain cysts, parkinson's disease (though it may be MS), and can hardly talk right now.

She has been to urgent care and the hospital several times in the last few weeks. When my daughter is over I just tell her mommy is getting a checkup. And I hope she has not heard the conversations I have had with dad about it all. One Dr. thinks she may have brain cancer. She is worried our little girl will just remember as someone who is sick all the time.

I am done. Simply done with all this debate over health care and such.

She can't get her cough syrup with codeine because the state won't pay for it (I have given her my own codeine, which I only take when I am in really bad pain a few times a year - I guess by law I am a criminal for giving someone else my scrips).

I have an 8 year old daughter who wants her mommy to be ok - and I, and her new husband, cannot make that happen. All because we don't have enough money.

What am I supposed to tell my little girl? That her mom is sick and cannot get the care she needs because she does not have enough cash???

Should I tell her daddy is not able to help her because I was laid off? How do I explain to her that I worked my ass off for years for various companies but they laid me off because money for investors was more important than anything else? How do I tell her that doing your best means nothing really, and that the only thing that matters is how much cash you have?If you were doing your best you would be working scrubbing toilets if that's what it took.

I am done. I voted for change, and I want it. Change when it comes to wars (have two sons heading out to those wars soon), change when it comes to how we treat corporations, change when it comes to the homeless, etc.And of course change on someone elses dime.

My own issues are but are a small thing really, I know that. From gay folks wanting DADT repealed to folks fighting for single payer, from our homeless friends wanting something to change to help them to others like me unemployed with personal issues that are eating away at them - where is our help, our bailout?Typical liberal wanting someone else to take care of them. Again, get 2 jobs or 3. What ever it takes but no this goon wants us to pay for his laziness.

I want to work. I want my X to have the health care she needs. I would work two or three jobs, if I could find them. I want my daughter to grow up knowing others are concerned about her well being and her health. Seems like the right was all concerned when the X was pregnant but the minute we had a child she was on her own - if I don't 'work' enough and she suffers, well that is her fault - if her mom cannot afford to get the care she needs, that is her mom's fault. What I don't get is why is he responsible for his ex-wife who is remarried? As for the 2 or 3 jobs, he ain't looking or he is picky.

Done. Simply done with it all. All of the politics, keeping powder dry, making compromises, and so on.

You want my vote? Then do what I put you in office to do. If you are not going to that, then screw you.Yeah, take from others so you can give to me and mine got-dammit!
    I mean my God man. Poor, poor pitiful me! I ain't got so take from that person so I can have. And if this story is true, I feel for his ex but she will not be denied healthcare. This is just idiocy. I voted you in to take care of me dammit and you will do my bidding!
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 01-05-2010 at 10:28 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Holy mother of pearl. His "X" is already living off the state and this idiot wants more.

I mean my God man. Poor, poor pitiful me! I ain't got so take from that person so I can have. And if this story is true, I feel for his ex but she will not be denied healthcare. This is just idiocy. I voted you in to take care of me dammit and you will do my bidding!
    From the tone of the letter 'it' sounds female as in Lesbo !

link please

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    HEY DUMBASS!!!! Your situation is EXACTLY why we DON'T want National Health care!!!! The treatment you are getting is already government sponsored.

I suspect that the X won't get it under the new health care reforms either... so now what dude? Silly me. He'll blame in on Bush.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sounds like a wonderful couple-both on codiene... Doesn't sound like we'll be paying for his "X" for long, anyway...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

It sounds kind of bouncy to me.

Medicaid doesn't cover prescribed cough syrup? That's bs. I have no objection to the woman receiving medicaid, if all the diagnosis are true-those are the types of conditions they created SSI to address, not for all the people who are getting it for kids with ADHD or alcoholics/drug addicts with disabilities cause by their habits. I've met people with benign brain cysts-most can't work until the pressure on their brain is relieved through treatment. Either they have chronic headaches, vision problems or they have mental health issues caused by the cyst.

She needs to see a neurologist and get a full workup, if this is not a bouncy post. MRI, EEG, the whole works. Medicaid covers that stuff. If she really has a cyst or tumor, she will be eligible for SSI, and the kids might be eligible for some assistance, too. She might even be able to get referred to a charity program that can help her with extra medical care and services to help her meet her kids' needs while she is getting treatment, and lessen the state's burden a bit. Her state can extend her Medicaid coverage while she goes through the SSI application process, if she gets a document from a doctor that states she is unable to work.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    From the tone of the letter 'it' sounds female as in Lesbo !
    No. The poster goes as for as to refer himself as daddy. As for the link, I thought I linked it, sorry. Here it is:http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=7402222

Read some of the responses. Talk about buyers beware.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    HEY DUMBASS!!!! Your situation is EXACTLY why we DON'T want National Health care!!!! The treatment you are getting is already government sponsored.
    don't try to confuse them with REALITY! :mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I am done, finished!

At some point you just have to realize that a life spent fat, dumb and lazy is just too much. A life spent putting on the cloak of victimhood and hopelessness is wasted. A life spent mindlessly following a failed ideology because I was too lazy to research ideas and proposals, legislation and promises, historical consequences of mindless voting, all this has given me nothing but continued helplessness and haplessness.

My bitching and complaining is so developed it has ingrained me to reflexively whine about the state of affairs of my government and country, even though it is apparent that my world view has been irrepairably tainted by lies from my chosen party.

I have become a ward of the very state I have championed for years. Now, at the moment of our great Progressive victory, I'm bitching and whining more loudly than ever. Why? Why can't I be happy? Afterall, I got less liberty and more tyranny, the exact things I wanted and worked for.

I had good feelings about all those free lunches I helped deliver at the expense of those evil rich people. Now there is no more free lunch. I can't believe those evil rich Barons could be so selfish as to run out of money orsome even leave this country because we asked them to pay even more taxes. They win. I can't keep fighting. All I wanted was for somebody to take care of me in perpetuity. All I wanted was for somebody else to pay for all those programs while I felt good about helping to establish even more share the wealth entitlements.

I give, I'm going to the basement now and contemplete what will happen to me now. I'm sure the government will be by today to deliver that free pony.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand