Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Calling Linda Numbers: Tattoo Misspellings. 
    The 10 Greatest Misspelled Tattoos

Filed Under: Special Events

Starting this week, every Thursday I'm going to show you one of the things I spend too much time looking up for no reason. I already have a really big backlog.

Up first: misspelled tattoos. The "CHITONW" tattoo got a bunch of press a few months ago--it was so outrageously bad that afterward a bunch of people got it on purpose in ironic solidarity. What else has been misspelled, permanently, on someone's body? Unfortunately, I bet a lot of people don't come forth. STET. Here are my favorites:

In this case, stupid really does hurt. :D

Live Fre Or Dye

Power CUer
    Thank you for thinking of me! I hate illiteracy and I hate tattoos - put the two together and I go into orbit.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I'm not sure how the tattoo process works. Wouldn't you make sure the tat person knew how to spell whatever words you wanted? Or is this a combination of stupidity?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Here's another one:

Frankly, I'd be more upset about the butterfly on my neck if I had that kind of chest hair.

Banned - Not really Theo
    Not really a misspelling but when I was a young man I got a tattoo with my wife's name on it. Her name is/was LISA.

Years later we divorced I went to a tattoo artist and asked his advise about what to do. He asked the name and I said LISA. He said awesome that's my favorite name.

He changed LISA to read USA!

It's gone now by laser but it looked seemless and to look at it you'd have thought it always read USA.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I'm not sure how the tattoo process works. Wouldn't you make sure the tat person knew how to spell whatever words you wanted? Or is this a combination of stupidity?
    This Chicago Sun Times article (7/19/08) indicates that your second guess is correct; that in some cases neither the tattoo "artist" nor the recipient are Rhodes Scholar material:

"Wingfield wrote "Tommorrow Never Promised Today. John P. R.I.P." Edrington applied the tattoo as written, even though Wingfield told employees he was not sure of the spelling of the "tomorrow."

Wingfield paid $250.00 for the tattoo and later discovered through a family member that the word was misspelled, the suit said.

He returned two days later to point out the error, with Edrington initially arguing that "tommorrow" was the correct spelling. He later conferred with a dictionary and agreed with Wingfield, the suit said."

This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

http://failblog.org/2008/07/26/tattoo-fail-1

I guess I don't have the post count, but here is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    http://failblog.org/2008/07/26/tattoo-fail-1

I guess I don't have the post count, but here is another.
    The post count for what?

IS there not a minimum post count to embed pictures. I could not get it to work.