1. #1 Sen. McCaskill: It's OK if I Don't Get Re-elected,"Good To Hear She Wont Mind." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Sen. McCaskill: It's OK if I Don't Get Re-elected

Freshman Sen. Claire McCaskill uttered seven words rarely heard from a sitting lawmaker: “It’s OK if I don’t get re-elected.”

In a profile in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Tuesday, the Missouri Democrat, who was elected just three years ago, offered some uncommon candor on life in the Senate and her frustration with the way Washington works.

“I’m very frustrated with some of the habits around here,” she said. “What happens around here is that so many people are more focused on getting everybody to love them and getting re-elected than they are on solving the really hard stuff. Because when you solve hard stuff, you make people mad.”

As she reassesses how to spend the second half of her first term, McCaskill said she is going to focus more on a top priority—government accountability—and less on 2012. “I’ve just kind of decided that, hey, I’m just going to do this, and Missouri’s hard, so there’s a chance, you know, that I won’t get re-elected. And if I don’t, that’s OK. It’s not the end of the world.”

An early backer of then-Sen. Barack Obama in his presidential primary fight against Hillary Clinton (she endorsed in January 2008 at the urging of her 18 year old daughter), the senator also voices some disappointment with the Obama administration.

She said the White House initially did not do a good enough job to fight perceptions “that we’re on the big guys’ side instead of on the little guys’ side.”

McCaskill is a swing vote in the Senate and as such a frequent focus of Democratic leaders who need to make sure she’s on board for key votes. She noted that Senate Majority Whip Richard Durbin expresses frustration with her sometimes in their phone calls. She said he gave her a hard time in particular when she questioned Democrats’ support of continually extending unemployment benefits.

“I said, ‘Dick, I’m not trying to skin puppies here,’” McCaskill said. “Now, every time I see him, I just say, ‘Call me Cruella de Vil.’

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/1...et-re-elected/

Banned
    “I said, ‘Dick, I’m not trying to skin puppies here,’” McCaskill said. “Now, every time I see him, I just say, ‘Call me Cruella de Vil.’
    I'm sure her folks back home call her much worse.

Banned
    She does not have to run for re-election till 2014. Shame it is not in 2012. Her CYA comments don't fool anyone. Plus, a parent that let an 18 year old young un influence their politicial decisions is not too bright to start off with.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 01-06-2010 at 03:43 PM.

If she means what she says, and I don't believe a word out of her mouth, she would not merely be an annoyance to the established Statist-DIMWITocRAT party, she would think like an American and vote for what is right for her constiutuents within Constitutional limits.

Otherwise she is just loike the rest of them, party Borg with no free will or active brain cells. Autobots who are there to rubber stamp all O Bozo brainfarts.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    She does not have to run for re-election till 2014. Shame it is not in 2012. Her CYA comments don't fool anyone. Plus, a parent that let an 18 year old young un influence their politicial decisions is not too bright to start off with.
    she was elected in 06. She's up in 12.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

The woman is an idiot. I have the great misfortune of having her try to represent me.