Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Cuba: Terror Sponsor 
    Terrorism: Cuba has protested its place on the U.S. list of terror-prone nations slated for extra airport screening. But a look at the country's record as a state sponsor of terror proves that its placement is well-earned.

On Tuesday, Cuba blasted the U.S. for including it on a list of 14 nations whose nationals would be subject to extra-screening on inbound U.S. flights in the wake of the attempted terror attack over Detroit on Christmas Day.

"Everyone knows they are politically motivated and only designed to justify the blockade against Cuba," a Cuban foreign ministry minion protested to the Associated Press Tuesday. And columnists such as the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson echoed that, arguing Cuba didn't belong on the list because ordinary Cubans had no access to explosives and no history of radical Islam.

The arguments beg the question. No, Cuba is not a Somalia-like terrorist breeding ground. But it is a state sponsor of terrorism. It's earned that designation since 1982, providing critical support to nonstate terrorist groups. "Without state sponsors, terrorist groups would have greater difficulty obtaining the funds, weapons, materials, and secure areas they require to plan and conduct operations," the State Department Web site says.

Contrary to the Cuban official's claim, that's not based on politics, but on concrete criteria. "We think it's a well-earned designation," said State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley Wednesday.

CONTINUED
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Does this mean that finally there is a chance we will invade a country that has sand and WATER?:)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Does this mean that finally there is a chance we will invade a country that has sand and WATER?:)
    I have been waiting the last 18years for Fidel to die so those people can finally taste freedom, though I suspect that Raul isn't much better he doesn't have the commanding presence of his brother and I dont think would last long.

The day Fidel dies, there will be a party at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    I have been waiting the last 18years for Fidel to die so those people can finally taste freedom, though I suspect that Raul isn't much better he doesn't have the commanding presence of his brother and I dont think would last long.

And a simultaneous mass mourning at Michael Moron's house.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post

That's pretty much how I feel about it, except for the party part. I'll have to go to yours. I'll bring a dish to pass.

Although when stupid people ask me what I think caused the Cuban revolution, I tell them it's all Fredo and Hyman Roth's fault.

And a simultaneous mass mourning at Michael Moron's house.
    And the White House as well I'm sure.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Terrorism: Cuba has protested its place on the U.S. list of terror-prone nations slated for extra airport screening. But a look at the country's record as a state sponsor of terror proves that its placement is well-earned.

On Tuesday, Cuba blasted the U.S. for including it on a list of 14 nations whose nationals would be subject to extra-screening on inbound U.S. flights in the wake of the attempted terror attack over Detroit on Christmas Day.

"Everyone knows they are politically motivated and only designed to justify the blockade against Cuba," a Cuban foreign ministry minion protested to the Associated Press Tuesday. And columnists such as the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson echoed that, arguing Cuba didn't belong on the list because ordinary Cubans had no access to explosives and no history of radical Islam.

The arguments beg the question. No, Cuba is not a Somalia-like terrorist breeding ground. But it is a state sponsor of terrorism. It's earned that designation since 1982, providing critical support to nonstate terrorist groups. "Without state sponsors, terrorist groups would have greater difficulty obtaining the funds, weapons, materials, and secure areas they require to plan and conduct operations," the State Department Web site says.

Contrary to the Cuban official's claim, that's not based on politics, but on concrete criteria. "We think it's a well-earned designation," said State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley Wednesday.

CONTINUED
    Do you have any specific examples of Cuban support of terrorism? I mean, I don't particularly care for the country myself, but accusations like that should have some corroborative evidence to back it up. Got any? I'm not saying they don't, I'd just like to see some proof.

Or is it like the type of terrorism we exported to Nicaragua, or Chili, or Iraq, or Iran (in 1953), or Afghanistan, or Bosnia? Or the terrorism we support by proxy, via Israeli war crimes in Gaza? Or do they have students attending the Avenue of the America's here in the good ole US of A?

It doesn't matter if innocent people die from a car bomb or one of our 500 pounders dropped into a neighborhood from a helicopter gunship, to the people on the other end, it's pretty terrifying.

BTW, I can't wait till Castro goes, either.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Granada ?
    Last edited by megimoo; 01-10-2010 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    Do you have any specific examples of Cuban support of terrorism? I mean, I don't particularly care for the country myself, but accusations like that should have some corroborative evidence to back it up. Got any? I'm not saying they don't, I'd just like to see some proof.

Or is it like the type of terrorism we exported to Nicaragua, or Chili, or Iraq, or Iran (in 1953), or Afghanistan, or Bosnia? Or the terrorism we support by proxy, via Israeli war crimes in Gaza? Or do they have students attending the Avenue of the America's here in the good ole US of A?

It doesn't matter if innocent people die from a car bomb or one of our 500 pounders dropped into a neighborhood from a helicopter gunship, to the people on the other end, it's pretty terrifying.

BTW, I can't wait till Castro goes, either.
    Yeah moonbat, Castro wholly supports the communist terrorist Hugo Chavez.

No matter what you leftwing morons believe, we didn't support terrorism in Central America or Iraq or Iran or Afghanistan.

Why is it all you fucktards have to support dictators and communists?

[QUOTE]
    Or is it like the type of terrorism we exported to Nicaragua, or Chili, or Iraq, or Iran (in 1953), or Afghanistan, or Bosnia?
    Would you care to provide proof of these idiotic assertions?

Or the terrorism we support by proxy, via Israeli war crimes in Gaza? Or do they have students attending the Avenue of the America's here in the good ole US of A?
    How about some examples of these completely idiotic assertions?

Didn't think so, You Liberals are ALWAYS on the wrong side of history. Supporting the freeing of a population is not the same as terrorism. Grow up and think for yourself sometime.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand