Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 189
  1. #21  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    He's funneling money to and giving shelter to FARC. And if you don't know it already - FARC is a communist TERRORIST organization.
    And you know this how?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Do you deny that Castro supports FARC?

    Oh and save your bullshit comments about lies for your echo-chamber. They won't fly over here.
    I don't know. All I'm asking for is proof that he is. I'm not going to just take your word that he does. And I'm not going to say he isn't. I could care less about Castro. What I do care about is this neocon, war-mongering rhetoric, that is turning the entire planet against us and destroying our economy and American heritage.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    What I do care about is this neocon, war-mongering rhetoric, that is turning the entire planet against us and destroying our economy and American heritage.
    Obama...a neocon...



    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    And you know this how?
    FARC computers that were captured by columbia - the fact that they operate with impunity out of Venezuela - the fact that he has openly stated his support.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    I don't know. All I'm asking for is proof that he is. I'm not going to just take your word that he does. And I'm not going to say he isn't. I could care less about Castro. What I do care about is this neocon, war-mongering rhetoric, that is turning the entire planet against us and destroying our economy and American heritage.
    The research is out there. You just have to stop reading anti-American propaganda.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    Is anyone who asks questions, a "troll" in your book?
    A troll is not necessarily a bad thing for us. We prefer more intelligent ones for the entertainment value, on revue of last nights performance you did get better as the drugs wore off. Come back and give it another try, we need a good kicking boy!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    What I do care about is this neocon, war-mongering rhetoric, that is turning the entire planet against us and destroying our economy and American heritage.
    Translation: I don't care if it's on my knees, I like living...You sir are a Leftist coward who knows nothing about the "American heritage". The only one destroying the economy and America's standing in the world is our President...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    If you're asking for proof, how can you possibly know if the assertions are "idiotic"?

    Now let's get back to Cuba...
    They're "idiotic " because it comes from somebody who makes absurd LIBERAL statements without proof and then DEMANDS proof from us.
    Yes, I have heard of the school of America. I've met some of the students and their instructors first hand. I didn't get it from some liberal think tank of website. I MET THEM. Have you? Doubt it. They would have kicked your panty- waist butt on the spot. Now give us one of your liberal assertions at a time and we'll see what happens. Bring it on lib boy.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Yes, I read it. It doesn't give too many details or provide any evidence that the claims made in the article, are valid. It reminds me of all the bullshit propaganda leading up to the Iraq war. Simply talking shit about another country, then expecting people to believe it at face value, doesn't cut it, with me. I want proof! A big problem in this country are dumbass American's, like those tea baggers, who don't take the time to be well informed on the issues, and consequently, do not question government policy when it comes to something as important as going to war.

    The government lied about Iraq, their lying to us now about Afghanistan and this stuff about Cuba may be lies as well. It also could be true. Or a combination of both. At this point, I can't say one way or the other. I need to do a little research first before drawing any conclusions whether Cuba is some big god-damn threat. Right now, we're the only country going around attacking sovereign nations, in violation of international law. That bothers me a lot more than Cuba. So I'm certainly not going to entertain the topic of this thread as a valid one, unless someone pony's up some specific evidence, instead of that op-ed in the link.
    http://www.amigospais-guaracabuya.org/oagmc205.php
    And what makes Chavez a terrorist? His big mouth?
    Gee, I don't know, that fact that he hates the US so much he's willing to sponsor anything that goes against capitalism.

    http://counterterrorismblog.org/2009...sm_interna.php

    Maybe he's not looking at Islamic terrorism (although I wouldn't rule it out), but it's still terrorism regardless.
    It's not a "belief", it's a fact!
    Right, because we sent out to break up the organizations that were responsible for 9/11, we're somehow terrorists.
    Who's supporting dictators and communists?

    Or is namecalling your way to avoid debating the issue?
    I've found quite a bit of posts on DU that support Chavez and a lot of liberals are sympathetic to his cause of abolishing capitalism (even though his fat ass is supported by oil profits). It's the same thing with their rabid support of the terrorist Che Guevara.

    http://dummiefunnies.blogspot.com/20...t-of-hugo.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    187
    Before I begin, I want to thank you for providing citations to your claims. Which, if nothing else, shifts the burden of proof onto me to prove my objections (to your claims) have merit.

    Now, my comments on your first link...
    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    ...are as follows:

    swirling_vortex link:
    Although Cuba signed and ratified all 12 international counter terrorism conventions in 2001, it has remained opposed to the US-led Coalition prosecuting the war in global terrorism and has been actively critical of many associated US policies and actions.
    Just because someone opposes this phony GWOT, doesn’t make them a terrorist sponsor. I don’t support terrorism of any kind, by anyone, or any government and I think this war on terror is a bunch of bullshit. Terror is a tactic in war. It is not an enemy. They didn’t call WWII, “War on Blitzkreig”.

    swirling_vortex link:
    On repeated occasions, for example, Cuba sent agents to US missions around the world who provided false leads designed to subvert the post September 11 investigation.
    If that’s true, then he’s wasting a lot of money, because we don’t need any help following false leads, we can handle that all by ourselves. Can anyone say, “Curveball?”

    swirling_vortex link:
    In 2002, Cuba continued to host several terrorists and US fugitives.
    Fugitives are not terrorists, they’re fugitives.

    And as far as hosting terrorists, we’re doing the same thing. Do you know who Luis Posada Carriles is?

    He has been tied to the bombing of a Cubana Airlines flight that killed 73 people. And we’re refusing to allow extradition to Venezuela by holding him on minor immigration charges.


    swirling_vortex link:
    Cuba permitted up to 20 Basque Fatherland and Liberty members to reside in Cuba and provided safeheaven and support to members of the Colombian Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia-FARC- and National Liberation Army-ELN groups.

    An accused Irish Republican Army-IRA- weapons expert and longtime resident of Cuba went on trial in Colombia in 2002. He had been caught a year earlier in Colombia with two other IRA members and detained for training the FARC in advanced use of explosives.
    That’s not terrorism, it’s civil war in someone else’s country.

    swirling_vortex link:
    Some US fugitives continued to live on the island.
    That’s not proof of sponsoring terrorism, it could just be granting asylum. We do the same thing for Cuban’s fleeing Castro’s government. I think we even have a law that says if their feet touch US soil, they are automatically granted asylum.

    swirling_vortex link:
    Castro allowed the Soviet Union in 1962 to install atomic warhead missiles in Cuba. Once discovered, he tried to force the Soviet Union to launch a surprising missile attack against the United States.
    Castro has been 44 years in power in Cuba. A tyrant, an oppressor, who has imprisoned over 150,000 persons and executed above 16,000.
    We’re no one to denounce other country’s incarcerations. We lock up more people than any nation on earth.

    I read the rest of your link do not feel commercial, medical and strategic military agreements with Iran and Cuba, constitutes terrorism, either. However, if they do attack us, that is a completely different thing. Like in the case with Iran. If a country is smart enough to be able to build a nuclear weapon, they are also smart enough to know that if they use that weapon, their country will glow in the dark. I'm pretty confident we can guarantee that.

    But the your link did end with something I take a lot of issue with...
    swirling_vortex link:
    Executive summary:
    Shouldn't the Cuban government be next in line to be abolished?
    ...which by the way, has nothing to do with Cuba, but everything to do with who we are as American’s. One of our core beliefs (or American values) is for the citizens of a nation to have the right of self-determination. Although Castro was not democratically elected, Chavez was. And we have no right whatsoever, telling other country’s who they can (and cannot have) as their leaders.

    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    Gee, I don't know, that fact that he hates the US so much he's willing to sponsor anything that goes against capitalism.
    And why does he hate us? You think it might have something to do with the two failed coup attempts we helped fund t(o replace a democratically elected government that has the support of 70% of its population)?

    On April 12, 2002, a sector of the military backed by the entire big business elite and the corrupt trade union bureaucracy arrested Chavez and seized power. Immediately Ambassador Shapiro backed by the Bush White House and far right Spanish Prime Minister Aznar, congratulated the self-appointed new president Carmona – head of the business confederation Fedecameras and moved to recognize the illicit regime.
    We didn't count on the one million Venezuelan's taking to the streets in protest of the coup.

    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    Maybe he's not looking at Islamic terrorism (although I wouldn't rule it out), but it's still terrorism regardless.
    That’s right, he’s looking at American terrorism.


    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    Right, because we sent out to break up the organizations that were responsible for 9/11, we're somehow terrorists.
    I didn’t say we are “terrorists” (although I personally consider all the members of the PNAC are), my point was, that we are not without sin, on the issue of terrorist acts. The official definition of terrorism is…
    Terrorism:
    the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ...
    …which means that when we attack a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, as in the case with Iraq, that’s not going after organizations responsible for 9/11.

    And when we go into Afghanistan and topple the democratically elected government of that country, that did not attack us on 9/11, then your argument doesn’t hold water. I’m no fan, of the Taliban, but they did offer to turn UBL over to the US, but Bush refused to cut a deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    I've found quite a bit of posts on DU that support Chavez and a lot of liberals are sympathetic to his cause of abolishing capitalism (even though his fat ass is supported by oil profits). It's the same thing with their rabid support of the terrorist Che Guevara.
    Although you’re right about his “fat ass” and “oil profit” support, not accepting capitalism (and choosing socialism) in his own country, is not a crime. It would be better for us if he did, but it’s really none of our god-damn business what he does within his own borders

    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    I have no idea why you posted that link.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •