Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 New York gets emergency chihuahua airlift 
    More than a dozen Chihuahuas are being flown in style from San Francisco to New York in a bid to reduce chihuahua overpopulation in California, and make up a chihuahua shortfall on the east coast.

The 15 animals were given the red carpet treatment before they flown in the main cabins of twoVirgin America flights that left from San Francisco International Airport on Wednesday morning.

TV cameras and photographers captured their walk down the red carpet as they boarded their planes at San Francisco International Airport. ...Chihuahuas are in abundance at California animal shelters as the state suffers from a severe chihuahua overpopulation problem - but they're wanted other states like New York, where there are insufficient chihuahuas to meet demand. ...

woof

I saw this on the Today Show this morning. It made me happy.

I know a lady who just loves her Chihauhaus. I think they're annoying little dogs, but she just loves them. They are good for apartment dwellers, but I'm partial to larger dogs like Katie, my norwegian elkhound.

Why do I have a sinking feeling that tax payers somewhere were responisble for paying for this?

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Why do I have a sinking feeling that tax payers somewhere were responisble for paying for this?

No, it was the Humane Society and Virgin Airlines who paid for it all.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Thats good then.

Banned
    You would have thought that they could have found a home for these pups closer than the 3k mile journey from CA to NY. Oh, well, both of these states have so much money to piss away. Plus, you are taking a Mexican POS from a warm climate and introducing it to a cold one. Maybe the new owners will vacation with them in FL for the winter.:)

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You would have thought that they could have found a home for these pups closer than the 3k mile journey from CA to NY.

That's what I was wondering. Most rescue Shelties in Colorado are either local or come out of Nebraska, Kansas, or New Mexico (Wyoming is not a Sheltie hotbed for some reason). Ditto for Collies. Either way, they all travel by car in relays.

Power CUer
    The word "airlift" conjures up images of little dogs being jettisoned out over the Hudson Valley....
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Most rescue Shelties in Colorado are either local or come out of Nebraska, Kansas, or New Mexico (Wyoming is not a Sheltie hotbed for some reason). Ditto for Collies. Either way, they all travel by car in relays.
    My ex g.f. was so despondent when her cocker spaniel died, I could not find a quality puppy in LA. I was interested in getting one from the west coast but the breeder had a no fly policy because of the stress that it puts them thru and some of them wind up dead. I drove 600 miles to AR to get one.

10. #10 Go 
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    No, it was some Korean fast-food chain.
    ________
    Honda capa specifications
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 05:58 PM.