1. #1 Soros:"Time to Junk the Electoral College, Don't Need an Amendment ." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    It's Time to Junk the Electoral College We don't need an amendment to do it. (Soros' son) Jonothan Soros

In his victory speech, Obama said he would be a president for all Americans. But as a candidate he didn't campaign with equal vigor for every vote. Instead, he and John McCain devoted more than 98% of their television ad spending and campaign events to just 15 states which together make up about a third of the U.S. population.

Today, as the Electoral College votes are cast and counted state-by-state, we will be reminded why. It is the peculiar mechanics of that institution, designed for a different age, that leave us divided into red states,...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1229...Tabs%3Darticle

I hope this writer is NOT related to "One Worlder" George Soros, but, from the tone of the "anti-Constitution" rhetoric (which is EXACTLY what it is), it don't suspect a mere coincidence here.

The Electorial College is the last bastion of State's Rights existant, since the Senate went from State Election to popular election. In this particular instance, the last bastion of small States.

There is a concept, known as tyranny of the majority, that floats around in supposedly "democratic" Nations and discussions thereof. That concept addresses the "problem" of what happens when the majority starts dictating policy, social mores and legislative efforts WITHOUT regard for the "Loyal Opposition". This in a Nation with the ideal of "equality" for ALL, not just the supporters of the winning Party.

I submit that this is exactly what we are seeing at the moment with the Dem control of the Congress, a virtually unstoppable "control" at that, and a President with the basic idea that the Constitution, at the very least, needs serious "adjustment". (Oath to defend and support the Constitution be damned, I guess.)

Elections have consequences, I am told. The most recent the most serious.

LS
    The first sign of impending serfdom is when you trade your self determination, your individual responsibility and your vote to the Government in return for subsistance. -LS-

we NEED the Electoral college. Things would be far far worse without it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Samurai View Post
    I hope this writer is NOT related to "One Worlder" George Soros, but, from the tone of the "anti-Constitution" rhetoric (which is EXACTLY what it is), it don't suspect a mere coincidence here.

The Electorial College is the last bastion of State's Rights existant, since the Senate went from State Election to popular election. In this particular instance, the last bastion of small States.

There is a concept, known as tyranny of the majority, that floats around in supposedly "democratic" Nations and discussions thereof. That concept addresses the "problem" of what happens when the majority starts dictating policy, social mores and legislative efforts WITHOUT regard for the "Loyal Opposition". This in a Nation with the ideal of "equality" for ALL, not just the supporters of the winning Party.

I submit that this is exactly what we are seeing at the moment with the Dem control of the Congress, a virtually unstoppable "control" at that, and a President with the basic idea that the Constitution, at the very least, needs serious "adjustment". (Oath to defend and support the Constitution be damned, I guess.)

Elections have consequences, I am told. The most recent the most serious.

LS
    Quite related.
    http://www.muckety.com/007D625223BC4...35B285EA80.map
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 01-11-2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Power CUer
    With the blatant vote buying that is already whats left of our elections, the last thing we need is MORE reason to encourage that odious practice.